Quaker State Ultimate Durability Full Syn 5W40 European

Castrol Magnatec 5w30 is also SP now and for whatever reason traditionally has shown excellent performance in Ford turbos, you may want to consider that as an option next time around.

Is this API SP oil? If so, or I guess regardless, do oil analysis reports indicate SAPS levels? I am wondering also if SP limits SAPS. This seems like essentially a 30 grade API SN+/SP oil with presumably the benefit of a higher HTHS value. If it has too much calcium for a Dexros1 Gen2 cert, it can't be too far off. At least nothing like typical euro oil levels. When looking for a 30 grade SP oil for an engine that might dilute a bit, this seems like the better choice than PP 5w-30, for example. At least it would become a 30 grade quickly rather than cease being a 30 grade.
There's no sulfated ash limit for the API S rating, although since most oils are designed around hitting Dexos1Gen2 it seems most oils you find are 1% or less because D1G2 limits sulfated ash to 1%. Only CJ-4 and later and FA-4 impose limits on sulfated ash.

Man i love this stuff so so much. Just bought 5 jugs but i just put in the last of the old delvac stash so its gonna be a while and i hate just having it sit there. I'm itching to put the qs euro in it.

It states Formulated to meet or exceed the list of specifications. Does it really have these approvals?

Yep! This is largely thought to be no different than Pennzoil Platinum Euro, if you look at the PDS's and SDS's you'll be hard pressed to see any significant difference.

Went in my Passat Saturday. Looking forward to TiGeo's "beat the crap out of" UOA. I don't track my car, I do drive spirited from time to time but will run it the full 10k.

Just looked at some north of the border. It’s still rated SN Plus. I’ve read conflicting info but the one I’m going with is that it will not get a SP rating because it’s phosphorus content is too high. (Not that it really matters). However, I’ll believe it when I see it on the jug, not some advertising sheet or auto writer stuff. :)

7D4824B6-D0D8-41B1-975C-E773ECE6AC0C.jpeg62CE6892-3DC9-4948-AAB7-D4F6D6E6F68F.jpeg

Yep! This is largely thought to be no different than Pennzoil Platinum Euro, if you look at the PDS's and SDS's you'll be hard pressed to see any significant difference.

Went in my Passat Saturday. Looking forward to TiGeo's "beat the crap out of" UOA. I don't track my car, I do drive spirited from time to time but will run it the full 10k.
I was at 240 oil temp quite often this past weekend up in North GA with some serious hooning - also been dragged a bunch. I have about 4K on this oil, may run it out to 5K which shouldn't take long or change it now, have to think on that.

I was at 240 oil temp quite often this past weekend up in North GA with some serious hooning - also been dragged a bunch. I have about 4K on this oil, may run it out to 5K which shouldn't take long or change it now, have to think on that.

Will be very interesting to see whenever you decide to change. I never get anywhere near those temps, but I run double the OCI you do.

Just looked at some north of the border. It’s still rated SN Plus. I’ve read conflicting info but the one I’m going with is that it will not get a SP rating because it’s phosphorus content is too high. (Not that it really matters). However, I’ll believe it when I see it on the jug, not some advertising sheet or auto writer stuff. :)

View attachment 58201View attachment 58202
Just looked at a jug in Walmart today and it had the SP rating. You think they have lowered the Phos since the jug was tested?

Just looked at a jug in Walmart today and it had the SP rating. You think they have lowered the Phos since the jug was tested?

It was already SN Plus so I doubt you'll see much change between that and SP. JMO.

I see you guys on the East Coast are getting SP, I just checked again a couple days ago all SN Plus here still even at the high volume Wally's, but I am in the midwest.

It was already SN Plus so I doubt you'll see much change between that and SP. JMO.

I see you guys on the East Coast are getting SP, I just checked again a couple days ago all SN Plus here still even at the high volume Wally's, but I am in the midwest.
Yep, would be surprised at all if the only difference is that there's an SP printed on the label now. I'd think a large portion of synthetic SN+ oils already exceeded SN+ by so much that they already met the criteria of SP, In my personal beliefonly conventional )or synthetic blend as they call most of it now) really benefited from the SP transition most synthetic was probably already good enough to meet SP or any tweaks were very minor.

Good question. From any scientific viewpoint, that jug of SP needs to be tested and no one but Quaker State really knows what the phosphorus concentration is. Formulations change all the time.
API limit only applies to SAE 0W-16, SAE 5W-16, SAE 0W-20, SAE 5W-20, SAE 0W-30, SAE 5W-30, SAE 10W-30, any oil that is SP-Resource conserving, and on any grade claiming a C-rating or FA-4 along with the S-rating is subject to API resource conserving limits. Xw40 claiming API SP without a diesel rating or not resource conserving has no limit on phosphorous content.

Back