Purolator oil filter and wix filters ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advance auto has purolator. Check the wix web site you can put in your zip code and it will tell you were to buy them.

WIX or WIX made filters can be found at Carquest(house brand),NAPA Silver and Gold(house brand).

O'Reilly's Auto parts house brand filters are made by Purolator.

I think Purolator can also be found at Checkers.

The Silver has been discussed before and would probably compare to any other cheaper filter.

The Silver sells for around $2.69 as compared to the $5.99 Gold.

For most,the Silver would probably do fine.

Carquest states on their website

http://www.carquest.com/engine.htm

that WIX makes their house brand oil filters.

Purolator also makes Motorcraft filters and the new Maxlife filter, but they are different from the Purolator branded filters, still good filters though.

You'll save a bundle buying Wix at www.filter1.com. (freight is free if you can get your order up to $50).

I haven't seen any online site for Purolators.

quote:

Originally posted by vltnolia:
where can you purchase these oil filters?
wix=napa gold oil filter?

quote:

davefr
Member # 1233 posted September 05, 2005 08:48 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You'll save a bundle buying Wix at www.filter1.com. (freight is free if you can get your order up to $50).

Are there differences in the WIX filters? Example NAPA Silver, vs NAPA Gold?

I am new to the WIX filters, and was considering filter1.com. Are these the Gold or Silver? I wonder if I am better off buying the Purolators for $2.50 each at Pep Boys when they run them in their ads.

Thanks
frank1

quote:

blupupher
Member # 4897 posted September 07, 2005 03:50 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No, a Wix is a Wix, they only make 1 level of filters with their name on it. Only the filters they make for others are different levels.

Thanks for setting me straight!

frank1

Okay. I just bought me my first wix filter today and I am going to install it on my next oil change.

quote:

Originally posted by motorguy222:
O'Reilly's Auto parts house brand filters are made by Purolator.

Same with the Advance Auto filters. Seems like getting a good filter for a good price is still easy enough these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back