Purolator is listening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly.....to me hysteria would be running out, taking off a purolator after just putting it on.....having compression tests done on engine....afraid to drive it because of the fear of damage that has been done. Hysteria does not include choosing to buy a different filter because of seeing and hearing of a good amount of failures.

Originally Posted By: mcrn
Exactly.....to me hysteria would be running out, taking off a purolator after just putting it on.....having compression tests done on engine....afraid to drive it because of the fear of damage that has been done.

But these are the kind of actions that have been encouraged, reinforced by the hysterical rhetoric around this issue.

People on this forum have shortened OCI's to remove a Purolator, cut it open, and found it to be sound.

People have thrown away brand new, perfectly serviceable Purolator oil filters.

Sure, avoid the purchase of Purolators built prior to 2014 if you want.

By all means switch to another inexpensive, good quality constructed filter like Wix, Hastings, or Baldwin if you prefer.

But don't be lead by Zee Pied Piper and others down the path of overreaction straight to high dollar orange can Nirvana.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
By all means switch to another inexpensive, good quality constructed filter like Wix, Hastings, or Baldwin if you prefer.

But don't be lead by Zee Pied Piper and others down the path of overreaction straight to high dollar orange can Nirvana.

LOL ... another very skewed viewpoint. Please go find the quotes (and post them up here) where I tell everyone to get those Tearolators off their vehicles and use Frams. Should they "listen" to just you instead (as opposed to dozens of people all on the same page with this issue), and just run those Purolators and feel all warm and fuzzy? You keep trying to convince everyone it's "no big deal ... use Purolators!" You push that more than anyone hear tries to push using Frams.
crackmeup2.gif

It's OK to use "Wix, Hastings, or Baldwin if you prefer", but not also a Fram TG or XG?. You really do seem to be a biased Fram hater.

The bottom line is ... people can do whatever they want to their own vehicles. If they don't feel good about using Purolators based on all the evidence of the media tearing problems, then they can decided to do whatever they want. I highly doubt anyone does something based on something I've ever said. There are members here who suggest Fram TGs or Ultras way more than I do.

They may not listen but you and your FRAMite pals still log 16-20 pages of posts per oil filter thread saying buy FRAM.

FRAM can't be the answer to every question.

Not unless you work for FRAM.

Suggesting to everyone to keep using tearing Purolators sounds like something that someone who works for Purolator would suggest. You obviously have a tough time with people who like or suggest Frams ... another possible sign of a Purolator employee? Or just a die hard Fram hater reaction?

If you'd read what I say, you'd realize I don't favor a brand, I favor a product that delivers ... regardless of the brand name. Guess I'll now made that my signature, just as a reminder.
grin.gif

You're zeal for the debate keeps you moving all around the topic.

It's not about the debate.

It's about giving people here honest and responsible opinions and advice.

You can easily see Purolators problems but can't understand FRAM's shortcomings, even with glossy photos with arrows and numbers and descriptions.

As a result, your credibility and motivation come into question.

Since this has nothing to do with detecting tears and whether or not I get UOA's and when, maybe you two can get a room and take it off this thread?

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
You're zeal for the debate keeps you moving all around the topic.

It's not about the debate.

It's about giving people here honest and responsible opinions and advice.

You can easily see Purolators problems but can't understand FRAM's shortcomings, even with glossy photos with arrows and numbers and descriptions.

As a result, your credibility and motivation come into question.

LOL ... So, please copy & paste all of my postings where I've given people "irresponsible opinions and advice", because essentially that is what you are accusing me of. In fact, I will ask anyone here to go find those "irresponsible opinions" I've been giving out. I'm starting to suspect that you have a bit of "targeting" mentality going on with me ... borderline harassment actually. That seems to be your only "motivation" in these conversations.

And also please list what you think Fram's shortcomings are, especially with respect the the Ultra. Lately, there have been far more Purolator failures than any other brand reported here, even including Fram orange cans, let along TGs or Ultras. You clearly have a dislike for Frams, and for some reason think it's OK to used filters with big tears in the media ... who's giving "irresponsible advice" now? You clearly focus on what I have to say about filters in this forum, while others here rave way more than I do and you have no harassing remarks for their inputs. Do the math.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: HangFire
Since this has nothing to do with detecting tears and whether or not I get UOA's and when, maybe you two can get a room and take it off this thread?

I dont recall you mentioning getting a UOA but this thread is getting long. Regardless the amount of data that would be required to prove if a torn filter cause an issue is beyond a few UOAs. So, I suggest that if you plan to get UOA, go ahead. But it wont exactly prove anything without lots of UOAs before and after establishing trend lines etc. I think I'm one of the few on this site that had both a nasty tears (4 to be exact) with UOA before and after and nothing out of the ordinary was noticed. But I dont consider that proof but just a single data point.

Thanks for posting on topic.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Originally Posted By: HangFire

I dont recall you mentioning getting a UOA but this thread is getting long.

Yes it is long. It was in my original post: "So I'm thinking I may do some UOA's or at least one on the Honda. Maybe I need a VOA or a UOA on the last oil drain. Thoughts?"

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Regardless the amount of data that would be required to prove if a torn filter cause an issue is beyond a few UOAs. So, I suggest that if you plan to get UOA, go ahead. But it wont exactly prove anything without lots of UOAs before and after establishing trend lines etc. I think I'm one of the few on this site that had both a nasty tears (4 to be exact) with UOA before and after and nothing out of the ordinary was noticed. But I dont consider that proof but just a single data point.

That's what I'm afraid of, but there's only so many things I can try on a reasonable budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back