Puro Synthetic failed ADBV....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Kc i get that from a lot of people i know what fram says but do you notice they don't say anything in advertising or on paper as far as i know like "best flowing filter or one of the best flowing filters" I don't want to get into the flow thing because none of us can be 100% sure how it really flows i do know all the engine companies install the rock catches as a few around Bitog call them and there must be a good reason for that. On the many engines we rebuild we use the rock catches because flow is the most important thing when it comes to your engines oiling system.

I am using a fram ultra in a car i take care of (2001 ford escape 3.0) And after 2000 miles or so the oil still looks clean and there is no start up noise or any other thing i noticed and it looks like a very well made filter. I will cut it open around the 10,000 mile mark.

One last try, sincerely for your sake.

1) Oil filter "flow" is a virtual non issue in a modern engine due to oil system function. Notice how modern filters just get smaller and smaller, yet engines are not starving themselves of oil?

2) Synthetic media (Ultra) flows better than virtually any other type of filter.

3) Multiple people have told you the Ultra is one of the best flowing filters on the market (simply common sense due to the type of media).

4) Fram has told you the Ultra flows great. They even provided you some awesome figures but it doesn't seem you'll ever be happy unless they clone the Wix website for you.

5) What's not to understand and why the obsession? That's why you get the comments. The filter is even working great for you yet you continue to obsess about a total non issue flow that you are stuck on.

You even posted the other day that the Group 7 filters you used to use flowed great. How could you possibly know that? Are you going by how they looked? Filter media is vastly different and you can't base flow or capacity on appearance.

It really seems that in your head you decided the Group 7 flowed well for whatever reason and you are totally stuck that the Ultra does not despite considerable evidence to the contrary. It's like a mind block or something.

Your questions have been answered over and over. You are stuck. Get over it or stop using the Ultra.

Hope this helps, if not no worries I will not comment on it again.

I don't use Ultra's either. I like orange cans and Tough Guards personally when I use a Fram.

Crazyoildude, the Purolator classic ran anything beyond 3k will be the best flowing filter on the market.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
He must have been hallucinating or fabricated the whole thing just like 60 other guys here that found torn media. Maybe he didn't have a valid "filter visual inspection" certificate.
laugh.gif

And finally, the truth.....
smile.gif

Although I don't believe it as usual.

A true Purolator hater(Bitoger) would have paid the $2 for the clearance filter then rush home and dissect it for all of us the see and comment.

I mean if you can afford to pay the Honda dealership to flush your brake fluid, you can afford a clearance oil filter.

Good pictures, shows the wide spacing well where they usually tear. Since Puro won't talk about the many tear examples, and address the concerns, no more of their soup for me. Not going to wonder and experiment. Actually the Denso FTF I got for $3 seems like a mighty fine filter for the money. I think those will be the ones when I run out of the Ultra stash I have, if I live long enough.

In the 5 pages of posts here, I actually found the comments giving the OP a hard time for not having his cell phone the most interesting.

I quite often 'forget' to take my cell phone with me when I leave the house. I find it kind of freeing to un-Borg myself: to remove myself from the collective hive.

Honestly, I could (and have) live without it.

Originally Posted By: chainblu
In the 5 pages of posts here, I actually found the comments giving the OP a hard time for not having his cell phone the most interesting.

I quite often 'forget' to take my cell phone with me when I leave the house. I find it kind of freeing to un-Borg myself: to remove myself from the collective hive.

If I had to live without a cell phone I would have a post count of about 500, I do all my posts at work on breaks.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Originally Posted By: chainblu

If I had to live without a cell phone I would have a post count of about 500, I do all my posts at work on breaks.

I do all my posts at work on work
laugh.gif

I was under the impression based on reading here that "pics or it didn't happen" is now the standard.

Perhaps I got wrong and that only applies depending favored (or non favored) filter brand status and/or condition being described.
21.gif

That's about right. There is no winning. I took pictures and told a little of my history even though it's nobody's business but my own in an attempt to show that I have experience and knowledge in certain areas. In response, I was told I was "full of myself".

Originally Posted By: sayjac
I was under the impression based on reading here that "pics or it didn't happen" is now the standard.

Perhaps I got wrong and that only applies depending favored (or non favored) filter brand status and/or condition being described.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back