Price of An Oil Change At Your Dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oil change is $27 at my local Honda dealer, they used to have a deal where every 5th oil change was free, not sure if they still do that.

Originally Posted By: FZ1
About $14 charge including 29 point car inspection including battery test. I bring the M1 EP and the M1 filter. 3 Punch card. Next oc is free. I like the free inspection and battery test. Battery flunked,last time,so I got a new battery. Better'n being stranded. Honda dealer.

Wow! they dont give you a hard time about that? Bringing your own oil,and filter?

Nope. It's an express change with a nice waiting room,too. I can watch 'em do the change if I want.

I don't see any problems with getting your oil changed at a dealer. Local Chevy dealership charges $21-22 for an oil change that includes multipoint inspection and lubes all the grease fittings.

They use PYB and AC delco filters.

Originally Posted By: montero1
It is against my religion to let someone else change my oil. In fact, I'd rather stare at the sun with binoculars.

This whole thread is full of DIY'er win, but that statement rules all.

I am officially a convert to your religion.
thumbsup2.gif

Well I choose to use Synthetic in my G8GT. Warranty doesn't require it but I like the extra piece of mind. When I go to the dealer, the oil costs $9/quart. Engine holds 8.8 quarts. They charge about $7-10 for the filter and then some labor. Bill ends up being about $110-115. This is why I decided to do my own oil changes going forward.

Ed B.

See what the labor only price is,if you bring your own oil and filter. 5 quarts of M1 EP and an M1 filter for $38 at AZ.

Well, my Chevy Dealer charges $15 labor and I bring in my own oil and filter for my Corvette. On my '09 Malibu they charge $24.95 for 5 quarts Mobil bulk and an AC Delco filter. But fortunately when I bought the car, they threw in free oil changes so they cost me nothing ! I have never had a negative experience with them.

My Ford dealership charges $29.99 for 5qts MC blend and filter. My truck takes 7 qts, they charge around $6 for each additional quart. Total price $46.

I have a card with free oil changes, but won't let them touch my truck. I've seen them bang doors against bay support I-beams and place wrentches on hoods of cars and I have had bad experiences with other people doing my oil changes. I don't trust them, so I do it myself. I do trust the valvoline oil change centers, only because I can see what they are doing.

I concede that one day I will be too old to do it myself or care.

Originally Posted By: montero1
It is against my religion to let someone else change my oil. In fact, I'd rather stare at the sun with binoculars.

Yea, its against my religion too. But a friend of mine gets his oil changed at a local chevy dealer for $19.99, and this includes an oil and filter change, and a tire rotation. Pretty good deal if you ask me, but i'll change my own oil thanks
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
It's actually a LOT easier to go throught a 'drive thru' quick-lube here than to go to the dealer. There are a TON of them here - Mr. Lube, Oil Changers, Pennzoil '10-minute', and CT has a couple.

They are never that busy, and you can easily be in and out in under 15-20 minutes total. If you are JUST after an OC, they are the way to go.

They are all pretty close in price - $39.98 - $44.98 is the range. You go to the dealer, you have to book an appointemnt, or wait to have it done - and that can take hours.

Originally Posted By: bradepb
Havent been there for a while but my local Ford dealer was 19.95 for up to 5 qts MC blend and Motorcraft filter with a punch card for the fifth change free. I dont use it but see it advertised.

My Ford dealer has the same deal. You can barely buy the oil and filter for that price, so when I took the car in to have the PCM flashed to turn on the daytime running lights I had them change the oil.

Little did I know that they'd only put 5 qts in a 6 qt sump (can't you just charge me for the extra quart??).

So, it was under-filled by a quart and the drain plug and filter were both installed to about 200 ft lb when I went to change the oil next time. Needless to say I won't be filling up my punch card...

And people complain about spiffy lube??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back