PP 0W20 vs M1 AFE 0W20

Use both for the FIT . No difference in performance . Just changed out from MOBIL1 A.F.E. 0w-20 ( S.P.,GF-6A ) w/ FRAM Titanium FS7317 ( w/o wire mesh ) to P.P. 0w-20 ( S.P., GF-6A ) w/ MOBIL1 M1-110A oil filter . Next will likely to be P.U.P. 0w20 w/ CARQUEST Premium 84356 or FRAM FS7317 ( w/o mesh ) . Another reason to buy the P.P. is due to the $25 rebate that's like to getting a second 5 quart jug for free . Walmart has 0w-20 , 5w-20 and 5w-30 5 quart jug for $23.92 .

Last edited:
Been some good UOA's for Mobil 1 lately.
Yep. M1 AFE 0W20 always has good UOA's. I use it on all three of our vehicles but sometimes it's not available so I get PP 0W20 instead. I've always wondered if the PP might actually be a little better especially since it has that "natural gas" base oil. That and it seems like the times I ran the PP, I seemed to remember the engines running slightly better. Not sure about that though.

Yep. M1 AFE 0W20 always has good UOA's. I use it on all three of our vehicles but sometimes it's not available so I get PP 0W20 instead. I've always wondered if the PP might actually be a little better especially since it has that "natural gas" base oil. That and it seems like the times I ran the PP, I seemed to remember the engines running slightly better. Not sure about that though.
Got to love the placebo effect. We need an Emoji for a Euphoric state

If you want an oil that becomes a 0w16 after usage get the m1

Many 0w20s will turn into 0w16s after a bit of usage, as the viscosity between the two is incredibly similar. It only takes a tiny bit of thinning out to get there. Case in point, M1 0w20 is 8.2 cst at 100c, M1 0w16 is 7.6. Your engine won't know the difference between 0.6cst of viscosity shift.

If you want an oil that becomes a 0w16 after usage get the m1
M1 AFE 0W16 = 7.6 cSt @100c so I guess you could say both technically start out as 0W20… 🤔

1714085702887.jpeg

For some reason with PP 0w-20 I could smell oil burning under the hood of my Silverado. I never saw the oil level drop, but I could smell it. Not sure if it was the AFM or what? Never smelt it with 0w-20 AFE, M1 EP 0w-20, or the Valvoline EP 0w-20 that’s in there now. I even ran a couple of OCIs with PP, and it would always smell burnt under the hood? Using the rest of it in the kiddos Sentra now. It’s fine in there.

Did my first change with PP 0w-20 this week in my Subaru Ascent, seems good so far. Probably just placebo effect but engine seems a little quieter and it does seem as though I gained a little bit of MPG. Also, I really like the yellow bottles, look good on the garage shelves

Did my first change with PP 0w-20 this week in my Subaru Ascent, seems good so far. Probably just placebo effect but engine seems a little quieter and it does seem as though I gained a little bit of MPG. Also, I really like the yellow bottles, look good on the garage shelves

What oil were you coming from?

Back