PP 0W20 formula?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed today that PP 0W20 no longer has superior active cleansing agents but rather just active cleansing agents. Do you think the formula changed?

Last edited:
Probably not so much ,
The reason why they put new label is because they are more hybirds, and more "modern fuel efficent cars"

which means more people are likely to pick it up when looking at all the oil in the store.

Penzzoil has been number1 in cleaning both on dino and synthetic side so i doubt they changed much in their cleaning additive.

Last edited:
I'm betting its marketing for the Ultra. Platinum had a pretty big hoopla when it first came out. when Ultra came out I'm sure people were wondering how they could improve on the "best". Now they can.

I doubt much has changed. I just changed my oil about 500 miles ago with PP 0w20. Ill check the bottle to see if it says "superior" or not. If not, and it is the new formula, you can see what it looks like when I do a UOA on it in a few months.

Originally Posted By: mrcoolguy
I noticed today that PP 0W20 no longer has superior active cleansing agents but rather just active cleansing agents. Do you think the formula changed?

Seriously? Get a job or some productive hobby. This is over the top OCD stupidity. Holy @&$*(%&@(*#$%

Originally Posted By: J. A. Rizzo

Seriously? Get a job or some productive hobby. This is over the top OCD stupidity. Holy @&$*(%&@(*#$%

Have you forgot where you are? This is BITOG.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
I doubt much has changed. I just changed my oil about 500 miles ago with PP 0w20. Ill check the bottle to see if it says "superior" or not. If not, and it is the new formula, you can see what it looks like when I do a UOA on it in a few months.

Right on. I'll be watching for it.
Caterham says pp 5w-20 is thinner than the 0w-20 at all but the most bitter winter temps,so I'm anxious to see how your uoa looks.

Are you serious. Do you know where you are. This a a forum about oil. So his question is relevant.
I suppose with an answer like that you must obviously know so you can answer the op,in great detail,right.

Or, maybe the 40% cleaner than the next part is not valid anymore as whatever was next cleanest is probably cleaner now than it used to be and the difference between that and PP is much less by virtue of the next best catching up rather than PP stepping down!

Especially on the 0w-20 grade!

Last edited:

Actually, it's pretty darn observant IMO. And it was sweet the way the OP put quality pictures in as well.

This raises many questions....
confused.gif

Running this in the Taurii now, and am liking it.

Originally Posted By: bigt61

Actually, it's pretty darn observant IMO. And it was sweet the way the OP put quality pictures in as well.

Yup. Observant. And 100% meaningless. There's got to be something more useful to obsess about.

LOL this is an oil website. For those who say this is an obsession should really get off this website. C'mon its BITOG.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

Right on. I'll be watching for it.
Caterham says pp 5w-20 is thinner than the 0w-20 at all but the most bitter winter temps,so I'm anxious to see how your uoa looks.

I just put the Pennzoil Platinum 5w20 into the Civic. Initial impression, this is the quietest oil I have ever heard in the car to date......

The 5w20 says "SUPERIOR" on the front too. It is a 5 quart jug, SN....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back