Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
2001 BMW M5:
Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60's (rear) and LM-25's (front):
blizzak01.jpg

2002 Ford Expedition (no pics yet):
Michelin X-Ice XI2

*thumb down* there is 19 models of blizzack tires.. and you have mismatched ones and only posted one pic :p

just realized I dont have a pic of the subaru on ws-70's I'll have to snap one when I mount them in a few weeks
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rand
*thumb down* there is 19 models of blizzack tires.. and you have mismatched ones and only posted one pic :p

just realized I dont have a pic of the subaru on ws-70's I'll have to snap one when I mount them in a few weeks
smile.gif

Fixed the OP to mention that, you arse! LOL! They only offer one model to fit the rear of my car however
wink.gif
19 models be darned!

Anybody running Goodyear Triple Tread Assurance? I was just pricing a set today for Jetta. rated 10 for snow & rain

You go out with scuffed sidewalls like that?

Christmas is coming up; put on list, curb feelers for my friend to the North.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
You go out with scuffed sidewalls like that?

That's not scuffing, that's filth! GEEZ!! The tires were about 5 minutes old when the picture was taken and they still have white crud they protect them with on them
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
You run over a Canada goose?

Possibly. Though the chunks of what appears to be hay are probably actually hay.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: ottomatic
Anybody running Goodyear Triple Tread Assurance? I was just pricing a set today for Jetta. rated 10 for snow & rain

If they're anything like the Assurances that were OEM on my Magnum, they do a superb imitation of R-compound autocross tires in the snow! The car was undriveable in 2" of powder.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Originally Posted By: ottomatic

If they're anything like the Assurances that were OEM on my Magnum, they do a superb imitation of R-compound autocross tires in the snow! The car was undriveable in 2" of powder.

They are not. The ones you have OE on your magnum are old comfortred, different tire. Tripletreds are phenomenal for what they do, give you the best traction. They ride a little rough, are a little louder than your standard grand touring all season tire. When it comes to traction in wet and snowy conditions though, you will be hard pressed to find a better all season tire. Just make sure you rotate them regularly or they will cup very easy.

snows-with-blac-rims.jpg

Ok, I'll play. You have to let me follow up in a month when they're on the car, parked in some slush. Then they'll look nice.
laugh.gif

The only thing I'm worrying about is the rubber has more than 2/32" tread depth for winter rain and all of them do, the sallowest treads are on the E430 at 3-4/32" which will have new shoes in about 1-2 months.

Same as other times, my Primacy MXV4. Still over 7/32 tread so they should be acceptable.

IF I had the space (alas student housing and the utter lack of storage) I'd have a set of steel wheels with General Altimax Arctic or Hankook iPikes on them.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
2004 Ford Crown Victoria LX
215/65R16 Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D

Click for full.

Nice
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
2004 Ford Crown Victoria LX
215/65R16 Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D

Click for full.

Everything I have heard about those tires has been good. Mind writing up a small review for us by the end of this winter sometime ? Unless you've had previous experience with these as well that you can write about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back