Post your latest oil purchase or even filter.

Wow a "CI" and "SL" Those bottles have been sitting around for awhile

No Sir! They were made in 07/2021

Plenty of CI / SL oils around here, they are alive and kicking!

These ones i had to buy from an online store, so i couldn't choose the ones that had a more recent fabrication. But when i buy locally (like Shell RT4 X or Lubrax), i usually find then like 4 to 6 months old. The sweet smell of base stocks!

And the CRB is a new oil, it was launched 2 years ago.

Look at the date (botton) from the TDS:

80 percent efficiency on particles of 20 microns
I have used the FL-910S on many vehicles and my two riding mowers. My 2007 Focus just crossed 192,000 miles. 2012 Focus, had 125,000 when we sold it to wife's nephew - it now has over 300,000 miles. My son had a 2014 Focus that he sold to his cousin and it now has over 200,000. None of them ever needed topped off on 5,000 OCI's. With this kind of service, I will stick with them and they are not expensive.

realizing I needed a new oil filter (cartridge) for the 2014 Cadillac Sport Wagon, I purchased a couple from RockAuto.Com from their Ultra-Power line...I decided that the Made in America claim and the part number being identical to the Wix filter as well as the small price of admission was worth a gamble to see if it actually is...I should take delivery sometime next week...Ultra-Power appears to be Rock Auto's house brand for perhaps some leftovers or closeouts...

Bill
the filters were delivered yesterday and despite the Super Auto boxes having a recently applied Ultra-Power sticker with 57090 number on them, this number appears nowhere on the filter itself no does the country of manufacture appear anywhere on the box (not even under the Ultra-Power sticker) or the filter...

the metal end caps on this filter cartridge appear dull gray with the filter media being quite stiff but similar to the OEM in color, just not the same...

I don't need to use these filter cartridges in my 2014 Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon and I may be donating them to the local Salvation Army store...I will only be out about $10 and at least right now I don't think I'd like to gamble with my car by using these completely unknown make or manufacture filters...nothing but Rock Auto connection online about where these come from....YMMV

Bill

I bought a can of Superlube synthetic multiple purpose lubricant with PTFE at the local hardware store for my pistol lubing needs a few weeks ago.

I might have almost cleared out RockAuto of Wix 51394XP's...

LOL dang you OFAD! (Oil & Filter Acquisition Disorder)

But in all reality, they have been OoS for so long I had to jump. I know the filter isn't regarded that highly. But honestly, I prefer that they are made in the USA. The other regular Wix 51394 is not.

Coming out: M1 0w40 and a Fram Ultra filter - 5,000 km on oil and filter.

Going in: Refer to picture.

Attachments

• 94C07237-92CD-4D3A-952B-1A86C512EA76.jpeg
    94C07237-92CD-4D3A-952B-1A86C512EA76.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 35
Today's bicycle related shopping.
Ca-suphonate grease :love: . Very creamy texture, my plan is to replace every grease I have so far. I have big expectations how this will do in various parts of bicycle.
Lhm oil is cheap replacement for shimano brake oil. Viscosity looks about same. Better properties on paper.

20221007_145151.jpg

Back