Post your cars high mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
2004 Tacoma double cab SR5 4WD 3.4 V6 146k Mobil 1 at anywhere from 7k to 10k intervals.
1997 F250 7.3 P-stroke 4WD 197k Rotella T6 5k or annually whichever comes first.
1996 Ford Contour 2.5 Duratec V6 148k QSGB every 3k to 5k
1969 Mustang Mach 1 remanned 351C 4 bbl V8 with roller cams instead of tappets, PYB annually, rarely sees 1k a year. Around 2k miles on new engine, 70k on car itself.

1997 Mercury Gran Marquis 254,000 miles.
Castrol FS 5w-30
2004 Buick Rainer CXL 140,000 miles
Castrol Magnetic 5w-30

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Originally Posted by Leo99
2004 Rav4. 370,000 miles. Changing the oil pan gasket tomorrow or next week. It's starting spray oil on its rear door. Dino oil every 5000 miles. Wife took it to quick lube first 200k miles.

Free rustproofing.
smile.gif

I'm changing out the oil pan gasket next weekend. It has several oil leaks and I hope that's the main one causing the oil loss.

1983 Chevy Caprice with 230k miles. Bought 7-8 years ago with 164k on it. Used only as a winter beater the first few years, then also for my ex girlfriends to drive in the summer when I was driving my Cutlass. The last few years it's insured year round so I drive it daily through the winter and occasionally in the summer. My current girlfriend doesn't want to drive it but has no problem riding in it as a passenger even on a several hour long trip.

1984 Cutlass Supreme bought 13 years ago. Rebuilt with almost all used/junkyard parts and put back on the road 11 years ago with 124k on the body and 200k on the interior and the TH2004R transmission borrowed from my rusted out 87 Cutlass. Unknown miles on the 76 350 Olds pulled from the junkyard for free. Now at around 220K miles. Same engine and transmission. Rear differential had to be replaced with a used 8.5" from a 442 at some point and then that had to be rebuilt a few months ago due to a bad bearing causing noise and vibration. I can only imagine the miles on the engine since I put almost 100k on it after putting it in the car. Probably well over 300k. I drive it hard sometimes and since time keeps going by fast and I still don't have money for an engine rebuild I'm sticking to full synthetic and nothing more than 5k mile OCIs. It's worked so far, since the engine uses less oil now than 96k ago. A qt every 2500 miles, which was a qt every 1800 miles or so 11 years/96k ago.

I should also mention the last Chevy Caprice I had which got scrapped at 332k miles because of rust. I bought it at just over 300k with no reverse and slipping transmission because the lady ran it low on transmission fluid (leaking pan gasket). I put a gallon of fluid in and drove it home but the damage was done. It was all original other than the used transmission I swapped in. Conventional 5k oil changes before I got it. Then full synthetic 3-5k. Ran like new at 332k still. Used a little oil but probably the smoothest quietest engine I've ever had. I pulled one cylinder head off the engine before scrapping it. It was nice and clean inside and no wear in the valve train but the cylinders had no crosshatching remaining in them. Nothing bad looking but it didn't look low miles anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back