Post milestone or just plain fun odometer pics!

Getting the correct white balance on this dashboard at night is a nightmare... ugh... but anyway...

77777.jpg

77777a.jpg

IMAG0233.jpg

The 1985 Honda Shadow VT500C. Currently running Mobil 1 V-twin 15W-40. This was after I got back from a 150 mile ride from Home to Ticonderoga and back. It was about 25 mins later, which is why it's cool.

Last edited:
de43b1e8.jpg

This is my fathers '91 Chevy Silverado w/ a 4.3TBI and a 700r4 2wd
"The truck that defies logic"
The truck itself is on its second engine, original tranny never pulled, original rear end, 5th A/C compressor, 3rd water pump, and 3rd power steering pump.
Never had a transmission service aside from make-up oil added when the extension housing seal has leaked. (Make up oil = Either Napa Dex/Merc or Carquest Dex/Merc)
Rear diff has never been touched.
Engine oil changed every 5,000 miles with a Napa Gold Filter and Castrol GTX 20w-50 with only 2 runs on MaxLife 20w-50 when Napa was outta Castrol.

Ahha, I posted this as a stand-alone topic but I'm going to put it here as well. Like I mentioned over there, hardly any repairs to speak of (a new evaporator is all I can think of at the moment), all the other has been routine maintenance. M1 for most of its life with a little GC thrown in somewhere along the line.

The 1MZ-FE eats PCV valves for breakfast but the internals are spotless. It uses about a 1/2 quart between the 6000 mile OCIs. Diluted with fuel and sheared down, typical 1MZ-FE behavior.

Here's a pic of the front (left) cylinder head, I'm going to replace the rear cover gasket in a month or so.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2204086&page=1

This was a while back. It has 98,700 miles now. Also, you can tell it was a while ago since it was 59 degrees, now it's 110!

imagejpeg_2-1.jpg

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Getting the correct white balance on this dashboard at night is a nightmare... ugh... but anyway...

77777.jpg

77777a.jpg

Right there with you Quattro:

fx477k.jpg

Back