Portable Jump Starter - Clore Automotive JNC770R

Status
Not open for further replies.
The key now is keeping it fully charged. Otherwise it will slowly lose capacity as it sulfates.

That's much of the reason why I'm not a fan of these to lug around in a vehicle. They do self discharge. So they need to be maintained, and best is a temperature compensated float charge. Precisely why I just keep a spare 12v battery.

But for shop use, this looks great. Swappable battery, safety designed in, etc.

Originally Posted by jim302
...I agree with everyone on the cold weather performance issues. It is definitely something to keep in mind. I have also personally experienced problems using portable jump starters on a battery that has a bad or shorted cell... sometimes that is just too much for the jump starter to overcome.

For cold weather starting (down to -40F), Clore has some Ultracapacitor Jump Starters:

https://cloreautomotive.com/product/800-start-assist-amp-12v-capacitor-jump-starter/

These units utilize an ultracapacitor power source, which is largely unaffected by cold temperatures, providing approximately the same starting power whether it is 70ËšF or -30ËšF. In most cases, the jump starter can be charged up using the battery from the disabled vehicle. But, they incorporate an internal reserve power lithium battery to charge the ultracapacitor when the disabled vehicle's battery is extremely discharged, which prevents using it to charge the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back