Plugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I put plugs in sig in, have noticed a bog down when accelerating.

Dumped two quarts of MMO on ¼ of gas but all im getting is blue smoke out tailpipe now, I hope its cleaning something.

Soon im gonna just go with top of the line plugs, should I get Bosch OE Fine Wire Iridium or Autolite XP iridium?

Car has new coils and new valve cover (no more oil in my plug wells anymore).

Originally Posted By: DarthDuty

Dumped two quarts of MMO on ¼ of gas but all im getting is blue smoke out tailpipe now,

Really? I wonder why
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: user52165
+2

Bosch plugs suck. Give some credit to the engineers who spec'd NGK.

I bought a car, that the previous owner had put Bosch plugs in. First trip to my mechanic, he wrote on the repair order:

"Bosch plugs NO!"

There are very few things that I will use exactly whatever the manufacturer uses. Spark plugs are one, thermostats are the other.

Originally Posted By: user52165
+2

Bosch plugs suck. Give some credit to the engineers who spec'd NGK.

+3 and +1 to this. They design engines almost based on the spark plug that is going to be used. Use what came with the engine. It is worth the extra money.

tailpipe pumping blue smoke is an indication of oil burning issue.

In ideal condition, there shouldn't be oil getting into the combustion chamber, period (ok, to be precise: several micrometre's worth on cylinder wall for proper ring sealing and lubrication).

If your engine is blowing blue smoke, your engine is burning oil. No use playing with mysterious additive in gas.

Engine needs serious work that plugs or over-da-counter grandpa circa additives will not work.

Q.

Originally Posted By: Trav

Dumped two quarts of MMO on ¼ of gas but all im getting is blue smoke out tailpipe now,

Really? I wonder why
crackmeup2.gif

Yea I'm clueless lol

Originally Posted By: Quest
tailpipe pumping blue smoke is an indication of oil burning issue.

In ideal condition, there shouldn't be oil getting into the combustion chamber, period (ok, to be precise: several micrometre's worth on cylinder wall for proper ring sealing and lubrication).

If your engine is blowing blue smoke, your engine is burning oil. No use playing with mysterious additive in gas.

Engine needs serious work that plugs or over-da-counter grandpa circa additives will not work.

Q.

He's burning MMO!

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
"

There are very few things that I will use exactly whatever the manufacturer uses. Spark plugs are one, thermostats are the other.

I won't use Bosch plugs even if the manufacturer DID use them (ie, the intake-side plugs in my 08 Ram 1500).

A little rough arithmetic:

Quarter tank of gas is ~5 gallons, plus 0.5 gal of MMO. Thats 10% MMO(!)

Compared to a car with an acceptable oil consumption of 1qt per 5000 miles:

5000mi * 2qt / 400mi per tank = 25 tanks of gas to burn 2 qt of motor oil.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HangFire
Let us hope the OP meant 2 bottles of MMO, not 2 quarts.

They package MMO in qt's.

I put two 1-quart bottles of Marvel to roughly 5 gallons of gas. Super shock treatment before plug change, thats why my smokey exhaust smells good.

It seems like NGK is highly regarded so should I get the laser platinum that came with the car or should I just go with IRIDIUM IX?

All of which did what? And what was the problem you were trying to fix?

"Super shock treatment before plug change"? What?

I put two 1-quart bottles of Marvel to roughly 5 gallons of gas. Super shock treatment before plug change, thats why my smokey exhaust smells good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back