Please recommend oil filter for 2009 Corolla

Hi Danny M,
The Tough Guard and Extra Guard have the same construction with the exception of the filter media. In your experience, how is the Extra Guard a hit and miss?

Some EG's hold up excellent over thousands of miles and others don't ... TG's are usually much more stout .. I hardly see any bad TG's and they have slightly different media and more of it.

Mann, bosch, OEM and frequent oil changes every time both of them. ^ wpod I fully agree with him.
If you asking an advice about oil, you can use search engine here but this engine it’s not picky.

Mann, bosch, OEM and frequent oil changes every time both of them. ^ wpod I fully agree with him.
If you asking an advice about oil, you can use search engine here but this engine it’s not picky.
Not all oil filters, and not all motor oil is the same. They can make a difference, but I guess if an engine doesn't "blow-up" then some people think there must not be a difference. :D Still waiting for the test data that shows cleaner oil doesn't result in less wear, and that more HTHS/MOFT doesn't result in less wear.

Could someone please a recommend an oil filter for Corolla 2009 (1.8L/synthetic oil)? I saw someone saying on this forum that XG4386 is one of the best filters for 2009 Corolla, but Amazon shows that XG4389 doesn't fit that model. Also, RockAuto doesn't list XG4386 under oil filters for 2009 Corolla.
Use the OEM filter or Denso filter. Both made by Denso.

OE, or Hengst E210DH228, ~$5 +shipping at Rock Auto. Seems like it’s hard to go wrong with Hengst in a cartridge filter. Fram Extra Guard (& Fram in general) cartridge filters are all over the place in quality (& country of manufacture, too!).

Not all oil filters, and not all motor oil is the same. They can make a difference, but I guess if an engine doesn't "blow-up" then some people think there must not be a difference. :D Still waiting for the test data that shows cleaner oil doesn't result in less wear, and that more HTHS/MOFT doesn't result in less wear.
Believe me I have such a Corolla with prerestyling 3.8 q and there was TSB about adding 4.2 q for all Corolla’s made from 2005. According Toyota the fault of oil burning was komblensmidt piston ring with not enough holes for the the oil. So, I run 5w40 c3, 5w40 a3/b4 , 0w40 fs and now 5w30 a5/b5 which is close to Islac oils, no difference regarding oil burning.
P.s. denso is good advice , I think denso is Oem.

Believe me I have such a Corolla with prerestyling 3.8 q and there was TSB about adding 4.2 q for all Corolla’s made from 2005. According Toyota the fault of oil burning was komblensmidt piston ring with not enough holes for the the oil. So, I run 5w40 c3, 5w40 a3/b4 , 0w40 fs and now 5w30 a5/b5 which is close to Islac oils, no difference regarding oil burning.
P.s. denso is good advice , I think denso is Oem.
I'm talking about how the type of oil and filter can reduce engine wear. In your case, a major mechanical design flaw can't really be "fixed" by using a different oil.

OE, or Hengst E210DH228, ~$5 +shipping at Rock Auto. Seems like it’s hard to go wrong with Hengst in a cartridge filter. Fram Extra Guard (& Fram in general) cartridge filters are all over the place in quality (& country of manufacture, too!).
I agree on the pricing however country of origin don’t bother me I’ve seen many filters overseas manufactured with equal or better quality control than some u.s or even mexico made.

Back