Pictures of my Silverado, after repairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
The tint does make the truck look better then it already does...The law here is 15% in the rear and 25% for the front 2 windows...Most here [even myself] have 15% all around and a lower the normal strip on the top of the windsheild.

I only know of only one person down here who got a ticket for dark tint [Miami Dade PD] as he had limo tint [5%] all around.
I have 5% limo tint all around on my Silverado and have never had any problems with the police about it. The city cops will bother you more about dark tint than the more rural area cops will.

I had 5% tint on my old Monte Carlo, and got tired of not being able to see a thing at night, without rolling down the window.

Out in the country, where I used to live, it gets DARK at night.... and then having windows tinted so dark that they might as well be painted with black paint, it didn't help at all.

However, with that tint, when I sold the car with 252,000 miles, the (velour.... *gag*) interior still looked like new. It wasn't faded or dry rotted at all.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
I had 5% tint on my old Monte Carlo, and got tired of not being able to see a thing at night, without rolling down the window.

Out in the country, where I used to live, it gets DARK at night.... and then having windows tinted so dark that they might as well be painted with black paint, it didn't help at all.

However, with that tint, when I sold the car with 252,000 miles, the (velour.... *gag*) interior still looked like new. It wasn't faded or dry rotted at all.
I don't mind having to put a window down if I have too, it helps having power windows! I just like the privacy and how much it cuts down on the heat in the summertime, I only need my a/c on low on the hottest day of the summer! And I definitly agree with helping keep the interior from fading. I also use a cover in the windsheild during the summer to help keep the hot sun from baking the dashboard and help keep it cooler too.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04

Nice Silverado my mom had one like it 04 sport red. And I agree about the dark tint out in the country my 08 Silverado is tinted 5% all around and at the top of the windshield and then 35% over the whole windsheild and it's very hard to see out at night in the country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back