picking one multi purpose grease

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, depends on how much money you want to spend. A grease that has served me well for over 20 years is Pennzoil 707L grease. Excellent wheel bearing and chassis grease. It's a lithium complex based grease.

Might also add that since your looking at the Mystik oil, the Mystik JT6 grease is also a good grease.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Johnny
Well, depends on how much money you want to spend. A grease that has served me well for over 20 years is Pennzoil 707L grease. Excellent wheel bearing and chassis grease. It's a lithium complex based grease.

Might also add that since your looking at the Mystik oil, the Mystik JT6 grease is also a good grease.

What about for extreme pressure, heat,and water.

Both of those greases should handle all with no problem. The Pennzoil 707L was originally marketed as a wheel bearing grease and has been used successfully in many a race car, so heat is not problem for this grease. Also has good EP properties for things like ball joints, u-joints, etc. I know a lot of truckers that use the JT6 and swear by it.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Both of those greases should handle all with no problem. The Pennzoil 707L was originally marketed as a wheel bearing grease and has been used successfully in many a race car, so heat is not problem for this grease. Also has good EP properties for things like ball joints, u-joints, etc. I know a lot of truckers that use the JT6 and swear by it.

COOL Ill try it. Thanks

"If you guys had to pick just one grease for all purposes what grease would you pick ?"

Not a fair question. Define "all purposes" applications etc.

Well, I'll continue where he left off and say for normal to severe automotive apps, not construction equipment/farm, etc. Also, same grease useable for boat trailer hub brgs, as well? Let me guess, one of those AL complex Schaeffer greases, right?

Originally Posted By: 2hellandback
If you guys had to pick just one grease for all purposes what grease would you pick ?

polyurea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back