What grease gun do you use?

Hello, BITOG! I'm in the market for a grease gun, having never owned one before. I'm curious: what grease guns do the folks in this forum use? What brand is it? Is it a lever action, or a pistol grip? Do you use a locking coupler?

I'm considering going to Harbor Freight and picking this up for occasional use.

I have a Lincoln 1134. I'm using a LocknLube coupler on it.

As far as grease fittings, my 72 C10, 2500 HD, 98 Frontier (aftermarket suspension), lawn mower and old Ford tractor have them so I definitely get use out of it.

Last edited:
I have a couple I picked up at Autozone. I have changed the tips to a locking style. I use them fairly often as my 3/4 ton stuff, trailers and Trans Am all have greaseable fittings. Mine are similar to one you have pictured. The Navy has some pricey Dewalt/Milwaukee electric ones that are pretty awesome.

after trash canning all 3 of my grease guns in despair(lol). in 2015.
I purchased a Lincoln 1134 it has been flawless.

I also have the macnaught that @Trav linked.. was 38$ a couple years ago on sale.. I have only used it a handful of times.. but it seems good.

if anyone wants an air powered grease gun Macnaught has this one on clearance for 35$

Cheap grease guns are usually a pain.. airlock, other issues.. buy once cry once IMO.
2 of the grease guns I trashed were deere branded and nearly new.. total trash.. and not cheap.

I bought mine at Autozone decades ago, still working fine though I swapped a flexible hose in place of the pipe. Might've been made in a different country than they are now.

I have one traditional lever style GG and one pistol grip GG.
forget what brands but both are brand name.
one has flex hose, one has short straight pipe. .

Whatever you do, don't go cheap. Thinking that there is nothing to a grease gun, I went cheap on my first few, and I was never happy with them. I finally treated myself to a pneumatic Lincoln 1162. I love it. It makes greasing my motorhome so slick and quick. I haven't put a locking coupler on it yet, but plan on it. I'm just not sure which one. To hear LockNLube marketing their product, you would think it is the only choice. But I've been waiting to see reviews of it and others.

Thanks so much for the responses, everyone!

@Trav, I hadn't heard of the Macnaught brand, but it sounds like it's pretty high quality.

@Rand, thank you for the link! $35 for a pneumatic grease gun is a heck of a deal, let alone the fact that it's a good brand that folks here seem to really like. I just pulled the trigger on that (no pun intended).

I'm using a Craftsman air grease gun. It is easy to just push a button. I just went through 3 tubes greasing my old Case tractor an it was painless. Only issue is if the vehicle needing greasing is in the field and you don't have an air supply close by.

Macnaught K32-02, Made in Australia, possible the best money can buy outside of Abnox Wanner. The old great USA brand like Lincoln are all madde in China or India and are real crap. The Macnaught on Amazon are sold by Macnaught, lots of cheap knock offs and outright copies of these out there.

With locking coupler.

Macnaught also makes fantastic hose reels.

after trash canning all 3 of my grease guns in despair(lol). in 2015.
I purchased a Lincoln 1134 it has been flawless.

I also have the macnaught that @Trav linked.. was 38$ a couple years ago on sale.. I have only used it a handful of times.. but it seems good.

if anyone wants an air powered grease gun Macnaught has this one on clearance for 35$

Cheap grease guns are usually a pain.. airlock, other issues.. buy once cry once IMO.
2 of the grease guns I trashed were deere branded and nearly new.. total trash.. and not cheap.
That is a hell of a deal, I was tempted to pull the trigger but I hardly have anything or work on anything that has zerks, the Kubota has a few but doesnt warrant buying this. Still at $35 it is really hard to pass up.
Just a note about grease guns in general, the couplers are adjustable, If you ever have a hard time removing it from the zerk or it is hard to keep on it needs to be adjusted.

Years ago I got rid of my grease guns because nothing I owned had grease fittings. Now I have two tractors, implements, trailers...zerks everywhere. Bought a couple of new grease guns and they are crap. I also bought a Lick-N-Lube and it was too big to be useful to me. I'm going to check out the McNaught.

1695950388060.jpg
Here is a good grease gun. :ROFLMAO:

I'm using a Craftsman air grease gun. It is easy to just push a button. I just went through 3 tubes greasing my old Case tractor an it was painless. Only issue is if the vehicle needing greasing is in the field and you don't have an air supply close by.
Tractors and farm equipment go through lots of grease.

Back