Pick one car if you had to made it last the rest of your life.

How about one of these...

Screen-Shot-2021-02-26-at-10.36.23-AM-1024x641.png

Here's a mental game for us to play... What one car (make, model and year range) would you choose if you could never replace it. You can repair it or rebuild it if you can find parts for it, but you can't replace it.

To make it interesting, let's say it will start with 100k miles on it, isn't a diesel pickup, and demerit points if you choose a Toyota Camry or Corolla.
XJ Cherokee, 4.0

or

2006 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0

either one.

2002 to 2007 GMT800 3/4 ton or 1 ton pickup. 6.0 gasser, 4L80E and AMA 10.5 inch full floating axle. Will tow all my stuff and with 4 doors move all my people, parts availability until the end of time.
07 hd Classic, best truck of all time

I used to have a 1979 Ford F150 with a 6 cyl and manual 3 speed trans mission. Doing one a year oil changes since new with either Amsoil, Redline or Mobil One, the engine had normal oil,pressure via a Stewart Warner mechanical guage and compression at 350,000 miles when I sold it. That was my most favorite vehicle . I rebuilt the transmission,,, you could rebuild the trans with both eyes closed and one hand tied behing your back. No other problems just oil and tune ups and brakes.

Last edited:
Won't last the rest of my life, but my 2015 F150 5.0L should keep going a good while. Plain jane so less to break down. All fluids changed regularly.

I want to say a Classic VW Beetle. Any year. But that doesn’t seem very practical since rust would definitely take it over at some point and it would need to be worked on everyday lol. My second pick would be like a Ford Aerostar. Such cool vans and I know someone will laugh at that but that’s ok they are cool lol. Unreliable as heck but cool.

My 2012 Honda Ridgeline has been exceptionally reliable and very comfortable to drive. I plan on keeping it as long as I can. I really enjoy driving it.

I already own my "forever vehicle." Nearly 20 years old, runs perfect, all original except water pump and AC condenser, no rust :)(y)

Back