People with Volkswagen/Audi/Vagcom experience!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, happy Sunday. Question for you, my 2015 VW Jetta is scheduled to get tuned here in the coming weeks. My tuning shop needs 2 things from me, the box code and the software revision code. One of the guys from the shop sent me a link on how to find the codes, using a Vagcom adapter and software. My question is, what do I really need to purchase in order to do this? There are plenty of Vagcom adapters on Amazon, but more reviews seem to be garbage. Also, is there any way the dealership or a local shop could tell me? I would have the tuning company tell me but they are out of state. Thanks in advance!

There are knockoff cables and copies of VCDS. I advise you to stay away from all of them. Either buy the proper cable from Ross-Tech, or ask for the required information from your dealer. If you're specific they should be able to help. You can also join a FB group and see if anyone local has VCDS. If you were local to me I'd be glad to help. Many others will share the same sentiment.

Why wouldn't the tuning shop want you to swing by so they can get the information they need? What tune are you planning on getting? Box or custom?

The tuning company offered for me to stop by, but they are about a 2 hour drive from me, otherwise I would've in a heartbeat!

You are paying for the Ross-Tech software they have spent ages building up. There is another cheaper alternative out there but i forget what its called, i want to say its like $60. My old ross tech doesn't work with my new car so i have to send it in for an exchange.

Its called "OBD Eleven"

Last edited:
If they are an experienced VW tuner, they should have VAGcom.

Maybe you should not be dealing with them?

Last edited:
I myself have Ross-Tech VCDS -- the cable is a lot of $$$ but the software is free.

Bought it to adjust the service interval reminders after oil change but over time it has proven to be an invaluable tool for diagnostics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back