Pennzoil Ultra "no intention of discontinuing"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Garak
Well, that's still cheaper than what I conjecture it could be found for up here, if it were sold anywhere at retail in quarts.
wink.gif

I need to phone or visit the SOPUS distributor up here, but I should avoid the temptation. I have way too much oil in stock and "owed to me" through Petro-Points. Maybe I need to start running some taxis again.

I picked up a case of PU at Napa yesterday (5L jugs). It's on sale right now 49% off. It's still more expensive than it is in the US though
mad.gif

Originally Posted By: Ibrahim
Whereabouts in our great province of Ontario? and how much did 5L jugs cost ya anyway?

I paid just under $100 for the case of 3,including tax. My Napa doesn't stock it they had to order it from there warehouse. I'm in Smith's Falls by the way
smile.gif

I just seen plenty of PU, PP, PYB on base in the BX in various grades. (I'm retired).
But all they had were in quarts (all others oils too). The lady says they have sales on the Pennz, Quakers, but couldn't tell me how much the sales cut. And as always, no tax. Guess I'll have to keep a eyeball on the flyers when I can.
My next OC I have PP, but thinking of going to PU after that.
I'm a little tossed between PU & QSUD but will decide when time comes.

Originally Posted By: Donald
The question for PU is whether Walmart is selling enough to justify its shelf space.

At mine it was 5 dollars more per 5 qt jug, that was against stiff competition
quaker State
Valvoline
Mobil

they need to calm the price down it isn't that good

Hey guys, I have been a long time reader of this forum, have just never registered. I have really liked the PU oil since it came out. In my part of NY, I have yet to see a bottle at my local wal-mart on clearance. In fact the other day I went to pick a jug of the 5w-20 that I always run, they had made more space for the PU line and have now started carrying 0w-40 with the SRT logo on the bottle. It must vary greatly by region depending on sales numbers if they are adding PU products at my local wally world.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Keep the posts going, keep emailing! Could prompt them to strike a better deal with WM. Once its closer to the oil prices most WM shoppers are willing to/can afford to pay, then its going to sell. I notice on the M1 side EP doesn't sell that well, not stocked at 2 of my local WM's. But the $24.97 M1 in any flavor sells like hotcakes. 2 weeks ago there was a huge M1 shipment to one local WM. 4 pallets on the floor, end shelves. After 2 weeks it was all gone except for 4 jugs!

I thought I had leaky seals once but they turned out to be leaky sea lions.
blush.gif

So, I sent an email to Pennzoil and received a generic response from the Philippines. I was directed to use the Pennzoil Finder on their webpage.

For all the effort we put into Pennzoil on the forums, I am very disappointed with Pennzoil. How would someone in the Philippines know the supply issue in the States?

Jumping ship to another vendor.........

Here is the e-mail I received from Pennzoil, concerning the availability of Ultra in ABQ. I wish someone from the States would have responded, so they can better relate to the shortage and the locations themselves.

We would like to inform you that there is no shortage of Pennzoil Ultra products and we still supply it to Walmart however, in select stores only.

You may also access our Pennzoil Locator tool online, anytime, at www.PENNZOIL.com. On the upper ride side, simply click on 'Pennzoil Locations'. Select either 'Oil Change Locations' or 'Retail Locations', enter your zip code and click on Find. The locator will then show you the nearest Pennzoil locations from where you are. Please take note of the store who has "We Carry Ultra".

You can also try accessing our Distributor Locator tool online, anytime, at www.SHELL.us. On the left side, simply select 'Products & Services' > 'Solutions for Businesses' > 'Lubricants for Business' > 'Distributor Locator'. By entering your zip code, or selecting your state, the locator will show distributors within 100 miles from where you are.

Hope this helps. For further assistance, please respond back to this email or call our Customer Service hotline and you will be assisted as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Estefanie Rigor
Consumer Customer Service Team
Phone: 1-800-237-8645
Email: [email protected]

Shell Shared Services (Asia), B.V.
21st Floor, Solaris One
130 Dela Rosa Street, Legaspi Village, Makati City
1229 Philippines[/b]

Originally Posted By: Pajero
I wish someone from the States would have responded, so they can better relate to the shortage and the locations themselves.

Technically it's not a shortage issue. It's a price/promotion issue, IMO, and SOPUS knows about it. The reason many Walmarts don't offer it is not because there is a shortage. It's because the product just doesn't sell well enough. They'd rather stuff shelves with a product that moves and generates more revenue. And the reason it doesn't sell well is because it's not competitively priced against M1 and there isn't enough marketing going on to create more awareness and to clearly differentiate it from Platinum. At least that's what I think.

You may also access our Pennzoil Locator tool online, anytime, at www.PENNZOIL.com. On the upper ride side, simply click on 'Pennzoil Locations'. Select either 'Oil Change Locations' or 'Retail Locations', enter your zip code and click on Find. The locator will then show you the nearest Pennzoil locations from where you are. Please take note of the store who has "We Carry Ultra".

not a single one that states "we carry ultra" in my area

On the left side, simply select 'Products & Services' > 'Solutions for Businesses' > 'Lubricants for Business' > 'Distributor Locator'. By entering your zip code, or selecting your state, the locator will show distributors within 100 miles from where you are.

That's your answer. A Shell distributor is interested in selling you Shell products. Walmart is interested in selling you only whatever moves and that which they can get cheaply enough, whether you want it or not.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Originally Posted By: pscholte
I thought I had leaky seals once but they turned out to be leaky sea lions.
blush.gif

2006_0911image0081_mid.jpg

VERY Well Done!
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back