Pennzoil Syn Blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will get 1 quart - Not 1 case of 6 - I wasted 10 minutes, but it was worth the try.
I did not realize there have been pricing errors on the website (in the news...) My brother just said they had tv's for 2.95 & stereos for a quarter, etc. THOSE would be obvious mistakes, but oil at .47 cents a quart could be a close-out. I'll stick with the ads for now on, there is only so much oil I can use for 2 cars
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bigt61
Jeez, let's all take "advantage" of a pricing error so we can save a few dollars on oil and stick it to a big bad corporation. C'mon guys, you're better than that. Take advantage of legitimate sales and rebates, that is more than enough.

Pricing "issues" happen everyday in big retail, even the "big bad corporation" we are dealing with. It is up to the store to honor it or refuse it...simple as that.

Got mine. The manager wanted to see the printout from the email, and when she saw that it definitely said 1 pack of 6, she said OK.

Wait... does Dexos oil work in Fords?
lol.gif

It worked for me today. I placed an order last for 2 last night. When I got there this morning they would not honor my order but had me call customer service at Walmart.com. Customer service called the store manager and told him to honor the website. Manager said since I had to drive back to town to pick up I could have the 12 quarts for free. I asked the customer service person since I was getting such a good deal could I place another order and they said sure. Long story short I got 24 quarts for $9.66! Win for me

I got the wrong manager today. I guess I got the one who was having a bad day, and not the one who was having a good day. They refunded my purchase. Oh well.

Originally Posted By: Georgiaboy2109
It worked for me today. I placed an order last for 2 last night. When I got there this morning they would not honor my order but had me call customer service at Walmart.com. Customer service called the store manager and told him to honor the website. Manager said since I had to drive back to town to pick up I could have the 12 quarts for free. I asked the customer service person since I was getting such a good deal could I place another order and they said sure. Long story short I got 24 quarts for $9.66! Win for me

Where is the "like" button for that score?

Worked out real good. I have a friend that has had a rough time last few months. Felt good to be able to split my score with him. He is the type of guy that would have split it with me if he had run up on the deal even though he is having a rough spell. Better to do for others!

Originally Posted By: Georgiaboy2109
Worked out real good. I have a friend that has had a rough time last few months. Felt good to be able to split my score with him. He is the type of guy that would have split it with me if he had run up on the deal even though he is having a rough spell. Better to do for others!

cheers3.gif

Awesome.

I got my confirm email that my order (2nd attempt) is ready for pickup! We'll see how it goes tonight.

I picked up mine this evening, they did not have the full 18 QTs of the regular synthetic blend so I ended up with some of the HM version (11QTs of regular and 7QTs of HM). There were no questions asked so it seems like it depends on the WM as to whether they hassle you or not. At any rate, all of it is too thick for my vehicles so I will either give it away or swap it for oil that will work with them.

About to grab some myself. I saw this in stores and was curious how this oil is. I got Penn Plat in my 93 Accord right now... and If I can get 2 6 packs of this... I'm game

I just got back from picking up my order. They initially had the 3 qt bottles waiting for me. They called over a manager and we discussed what could be done. We went over to the shelf to look for 15 more qt bottles but could only find 8 on the shelf. I then asked if we could use the 5 qt jugs as a substitute, she thought that was a great idea. Its when we went up to the Customer Service desk is where things took a turn south. The CSR wanted to verify online if the price was still there...we went to their wireless area and pulled up the product. Still $4.47 for the 6 pack. Her argument was because the picture only showed a single qt bottle that I could only get a single quart bottle for the $4.47. I could have argued all day with this little CSR and make a scene with the manager there but I didn't. I paused and stated that I didn't agree with that explanation as to why I couldn't get the 18 qts. The manager then made the decision to "make things right" and offered to give me a $35 gift card to cover a 5qt jug and 3 single qt bottles, with some change left over. I agreed and was on my way. The manager was great and super nice the whole time.

So it really is a c r a p shoot from store to store...good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back