Pennzoil Platinum Date Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.
With only a month apart on the date codes I would think it is the same product. The 5qt label would be the last one to get changed. I hope Ferndog will jump in as for as the changes, as I do not know. To coin an old Exxon slogan, "Happy Motoring."
cheers.gif

Quote:

With only a month apart on the date codes I would think it is the same product. The 5qt label would be the last one to get changed. I hope Ferndog will jump in as for as the changes, as I do not know. To coin an old Exxon slogan, "Happy Motoring."
cheers.gif

I figured that could be a possibility as well, since I'm in the printing business and I know all too well that they wouldn't want to throw out perfectly good labels!
smile.gif
cheers.gif

Quote:

Ron AKA:

It has been confirmed to me that the Platinum 0W20 is a PAO.

Has the Pennziol Platinum 0w-20 always been PAO? I just recieved two cases from that Yahoo oil-shop site. One case is dated 10-20-05 and the other is dated 12-10-06.

Thanks

Well buster, when they first told us about this product 3 years ago they told us the 0W20 was going to be PAO based. I guess anything could have changed since then. If it works, use it, if it don't, dump it.

Johnny I could careless if it's PAO. Doesn't mean all that much IMO. PP is good stuff.

Auto-Union: I pasted this from one of the other forums about PP not being at AAP. Platinum is here to stay.

"Well, it ain't true. Just got off of the phone with my contact at Shell. Sales volumes are up and they are not about to get rid of their flagship product."

Johnny
cheers.gif

Johnny, Yesterday at my Wal-Mart here in Baytown I picked up a 5 quart jug of their house brand oil and looked for some kind of production code/date code. What to my wondering eyes did appear but the "HLPA" writing followed by a batch number and date code just like the ones at the beginning of this thread!! Does that mean Pennzoil is blending for Wal-Mart, at least in this part of the world?

This could be common knowledge on BITOG, but I've not run across it before.

At one time Quaker State did some blending for Wal-Mart. It's possible that Shell is doing some blending for them. All the HLPA means is the plant in Port Arthur. Shell, Pennzoil, and Quaker State are blended there. I will try to find out but not sure they will pass this information on to me. The more I ask the quiter they get. They just want to give you your pension check and forget about you. And that works both ways. I'm collecting my pension check and forgetting about them.
grin.gif

Johnny is testing some Amsoil. I still have 20 cases of Platinum to fall back on.
smile.gif

The pension check is just OK. You only get rich if you own the oil company.
smile.gif

But I do use and support the Amsoil Saber 100:1 2-cycle oil, the P.I. fuel additive, the MP Metal Protector, the 4-Stroke Lawn Mower Oil, and the EaO filters.
smile.gif

I'm use the Eao filters also, with Havoline 5w-20. Johnny, Im sure PP is capable of 10k mile drains in the Elements. You should run some comparisons.
smile.gif

Quote:

But I do use and support the Amsoil Saber 100:1 2-cycle oil, the P.I. fuel additive, the MP Metal Protector, the 4-Stroke Lawn Mower Oil, and the EaO filters.
smile.gif

AMSOIL Small Engine Oil? First I've heard of it so I checked their website- way cool. Shoot, if I didn't have such a big oil stash I'd buy a few quarts via Pabs.

I just bought some 5-30 and some 5-20 with the BOGO sale at Advance. You can tell what they sell more of, the 5-20 date codes show 01-20-06...almost a year and a half old. The 5-30 shows between 6-01-06 and 12-20-06, much newer. Only one bottle had the new label. Interesting.

I know the 0-20 is PAO based, is that true for the 5-20 as well? Not that it really matters to me, I'm sure it will do just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back