Pennzoil Platinum Date Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: Just rechecked the dates, the new label bottle is labeled 3-12-07! Just a few weeks old. And it is labeled HLPV, not HLPA like the other ones I've seen. What is this plant??

Never heard of HLPV, I will have to inquire. In reference to one of your other questions, the Platinum 5W20 is also made from Shell's XHVI Group III base.

Johnny: Do you know if PP is all XHVI (minus carrier oil and additives of course)? I found an old MSDS for "XHVI oil" that showed only 3-10% was XHVI.

I was told it was but I guess a lot of things could have happened since then. I don't know what they will tell me now but I will try to find out. The contact I use is on vacation now so it might be awhile.

I just bought 2 cases of PP 10W30 for a new generator and the code on my bottles was HLPV412188/03137/15:33. So this stuff is really fresh
grin.gif

This is the code from the Pennzoil 20W20 I just put in my car. It's different from the Platinum date codes. Is it really old stock?

SHVP0324032237L13529

Okay, this is just a very wild guess (and worth even <
twocents.gif
), but I'll say it's from Shreveport, LA on 2-23-07.
dunno.gif

As always, we'll have to wait for our resident Pennzoil retiree's opinion.
wink.gif

This is the old date code system. The oil was made March 24, 2003

SHVP 03 24 03 22:27 L1 3529
Plant Month Date Year Time Line # Stock #

Thanks! The other two are: 061501, almost time to celebrate their 6th birthday.
smile.gif

I wanted to try a low vis oil with high ZDDP levels, and this old stuff is sure to have it.

3 weeks ago, in August, I bought 6 quarts of PP 10W30 at Schuck's (for 99 cents per quart). But the bottles no longer have a date code stamped on them. Has Pennzoil had a change of heart, and decided to keep this information away from consumers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back