Password Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you recommend a solid password manager?

I've heard of DashLane and maybe a couple of others.

I'd like to know your personal experience with a password manager, if any.

Thanks.

I have used roboform over the last 4 years or so. It works excellent for me, easy to set up and updated frequently with zero cost...

I can highly recommend 1Password. It is really a solid product with continual upgrades and additions. It has great cross platform compatibility and unlike a lot of password managers they really do take security serious. There might be others that are good but I've used 1Password for years and haven't been disappointed.

I use KeePass. There are lots of implementations of it for many platforms.

robert

I second Roboform. It works really well across all platforms ie, desktop, and iOS devices. Sorry we don't have any Androids so I can't say anything about them but it should work well.

A small notebook... Come up with a convention to somehow mask what you write and it's safer than having an electronic PW manager.

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
A small notebook... Come up with a convention to somehow mask what you write and it's safer than having an electronic PW manager.

I do that, minus masking. I'm tempted to change my passwords: pick a 4 digit number that I never write down, and is appended to the passwords that I write down. That way, even if someone gets the paper, it's still not enough information to log in. I should also store said notebook in a fireproof safe.

We use LastPass, free version
Works quite well and is much safer than the 3 or so passwords I used to use across everything.

I have a strong master password, written down in two places that is also slightly masked. Plus using Google Authenticator to log in to LastPass and Gmail.

That's about as much effort as I want to put in.

Used to be a 1Password user but them all but forcing the subscription model on everyone had me looking at alternatives. Enpass - www.enpass.io is just like 1PW and a lot cheaper and just as good.

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B

Google "tabula recta" for an excellent obfuscation method.

I use KeePass and have been happy with it for going on 9 years. Most of my critical passwords are long and randomized, so I have no way of memorizing them. KeePass stores them and then can copy them to clipboard for 10 seconds or directly input them using "obfuscation".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back