Overpriced oil change services

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/quote]
Where in the good old USA you can buy 6 qts of full synthetic oil for $20 regularly ?

If a shop charges $65 for an oil change with 6 qts full synthetic and a brand name oil filter, they lost money on it every time. [/quote]

I buy my Kendall Full syn from my local Conoco marketer and I pay $43.00 per case. That is NOT the jobber proce. They get it cheaper. That is appx $3.59 qt. If your car takes 5 qts, There's your < $20. I can only imagine the bulk discount and Kendall full synthetic is pretty good oil (IMHO)

Originally Posted By: hounddog
Maxie Price Chevrolet in Loganville Ga. $59.95 on my 2006 Corvette for 6 qts of Mobil 1 and a Ac delco filter. I find that reasonable.

Me too, thats reasonable for a dealer for sure.

Although my customers come to me when they have problems with their engines after warranty some of them go to the local dealer and it sometimes is cheaper there.. shop around most dealers have different prices

Originally Posted By: kasedian
ANY OC that you pay someone to do is overpriced. Not just monetarily overpriced, either.
No,man. Just like anthing:You pay others to do what you don't want to do. Nuthin' wrong with that,in fact,It's the American way.

Hello, Excuse me for nit-picking FZ1 but it's not the "American way", it's the "World way". People all over the world pay others to do tasks. Yardwork, laundry, oil changes. Do you think a millionaire in Malaysia cleans his own toilet? Kira

Originally Posted By: Kira
Hello, Excuse me for nit-picking FZ1 but it's not the "American way", it's the "World way". People all over the world pay others to do tasks. Yardwork, laundry, oil changes. Do you think a millionaire in Malaysia cleans his own toilet? Kira
Naw,man. America is a Service economy. Do you do your own Brain Surgery? My statement still stands. Do what you want to do:pay for what you don't wanna do. Free country,man.

Originally Posted By: glum
^ Do people in other countries do their own brain surgery?

Based on the news I read - YES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back