Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: sleddriver

877px-Surveyor_3-Apollo_12.jpg

Amazing photographs from another age....[/size]

That's an awesome photo!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: buster

We unfortunately have a large sector (south and Midwest) of this country that still thinks the Earth was created in 7 days. Scary.

7 days by who's measurement of time?

From what I heard from other conspiracy theorists, the 1st landing "may have been" fake because of the deadline / technical glitch / etc. They are however convinced that the later landings are real.

Spending a lot of money and getting a lot of people involved doesn't guarantee on time result, just look at the current war.

Foolish for a nation to fake something that eventually would be discovered as a lie, and the risk too big? Well, I know there's a nuclear war head......

Lots of photos and scientific evidence? Well conspiracy theorists believe that CIA controls every media out there.

I guess we really have to wait for the Chinese to go there to verify it once and for all...

I'm absolutely fascinated by the universe. Every time I see pictures like this,I'm in total awe. Just imagine the feeling of being on the moon and looking back to see the Earthrise.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: buster
We unfortunately have a large sector (south and Midwest) of this country that still thinks the Earth was created in 7 days. Scary.

7 days by who's measurement of time?

Yeah, I don't believe it but I don't know why buster felt it necessary to inject his religious bias into this discussion.

Some people just can't help evangelizing their deeply held beliefs....

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
From what I heard from other conspiracy theorists, the 1st landing "may have been" fake because of the deadline / technical glitch / etc. They are however convinced that the later landings are real.

Spending a lot of money and getting a lot of people involved doesn't guarantee on time result, just look at the current war.

Foolish for a nation to fake something that eventually would be discovered as a lie, and the risk too big? Well, I know there's a nuclear war head......

Lots of photos and scientific evidence? Well conspiracy theorists believe that CIA controls every media out there.

I guess we really have to wait for the Chinese to go there to verify it once and for all...

The CIA does not control the media throughout the world. They certainly do not control the media in Russia and China. Don't worry-when the Moon landings took place the Russians were watching. They have technology also and they could monitor communications and so forth. If they had discovered the USA faked the Moon landings they certainly would have come forward with that information to embarrass the USA. Russia was the USSR at the time. They were competing with the USA to be first to land people on the Moon and the cold war was still taking place.

What a lot of people do not realize is that even in the days of Apollo there were more than just Americans involved in the US space program. For example, communications had to be throughout the world. And various other countries helped the US.

And geologists examined the rock samples that were brought back from the Moon. It would be kind of hard to fake the geology.

And there were a lot of people involved in the space program. The USA at the peak had something like 500,000 people involved. It is hard to control information leaks. In some areas, like stealth aircraft developed at Area 51, people have been successful in controlling leaks. But information has come out even from highly controlled areas like Area 51. And there were fewer people involved in the development of stealth aircraft. Today, some of the dark secrets that people tried very hard to keep secret at Area 51, like workers being exposed to dangerous chemicals, is known.

It is very hard to believe that a faked Apollo Moon landing could really have been kept secret forever. And if the first mission really had been a failure, why not just admit it? Especially if the later missions were successful. Apollo 13 was a failed mission and nobody tried to hide that.

I refuse to believe that the Apollo 11 Moon landing was faked. Some of the darkest secrets of all time have eventually become known, even if few people were involved in some of the darkest secrets. Shakespeare had something to say about that a long time ago. About how people try to spin these dark webs of lies but the truth has a way of coming out eventually.

Last edited:
And:
"I guess we really have to wait for the Chinese to go there to verify it once and for all..."

Why are the Chinese considered more credible than Americans?

And what are the Chinese going to find when they go there? Equipment left behind and the footprints of astronauts and so forth. The footprints are likely going to be there for a long time, unless a meteorite strike destroys the evidence.

And then what will the conspiracy nuts say, after the Chinese or the Russians or whoever has gone there and photographed the footprints on the Lunar surface?

Originally Posted By: Mystic
And:
"I guess we really have to wait for the Chinese to go there to verify it once and for all..."

And what are the Chinese going to find when they go there? Equipment left behind and the footprints of astronauts and so forth. The footprints are likely going to be there for a long time, unless a meteorite strike destroys the evidence.

And then what will the conspiracy nuts say, after the Chinese or the Russians or whoever has gone there and photographed the footprints on the Lunar surface?

They'll probably say that none of the boot dimensions from their space suits equal the print sizes photographed so that will start up a discussion about that moon landing hoax movie with O.J. and how "prophetic" it was and how it somehow involves the possibility of why O.J. was found not guilty in the criminal trial. Sorry, I'm involved with "true crime" conspiracy theories too often so it becomes natural.

Actually, the Earth was created in just a few nanoseconds....
Who doesn't love nuclear fusion?

Some of these conspiracy ideas are so silly I kind of hesitate to even say anything at all. Especially if the conspiracy nuts say only the Apollo 11 landing was faked but they say that the later missions were successful. Say what? If the later missions were successful using the same technology the Apollo 11 Moon landing was certainly possible also. And nobody tried to conceal the fact that Apollo 13 did not successfully land on the Moon.

Now I am not going to say that government officials are above lying. Many government officials have lied about various things. I have seen some strange things myself. I saw a very convincing UFO and other strange stuff, some of which maybe were some sort of stealth aircraft. I don't automatically believe what government officials say.

But these conspiracy ideas about the Apollo 11 Moon landing being faked are simply ridiculous.

My brother-in-law was involved in several Space Shuttle launches and several unmanned launches of spacecraft. I think he was still in college when the Apollo 11 landing took place but he has worked a long time on various spacecraft and is now the senior engineer where he works.

And:

Looks like Russia is doing just that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dAOcGtJH08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeP63rBMaQM
Cant verify if this is a spoof??

Last edited:
I am fine with Russia trying to confirm the US really did land men on the Moon, if that is what they are really doing and this is not some kind of nonsense being spread on the internet.

Either the US landed men on the Moon with the Moon landings or not. Let somebody either confirm those landings happened or not. If the truth is that the US did land men on the Moon, there is nothing wrong with the truth being verified. And if the Moon landings were faked, we need to know the truth about that also.

Right now Russia and the USA are not getting along very well. But as long as whatever results the Russians come up with (assuming they really are going to try to verify the Moon landings) are honest I would welcome confirmation of the Moon landings.

In fact, even if this story is a fake, I think it would be really cool if an unmanned spacecraft were to land where Apollo 11 landed and confirm the landing. Why not?

I am one of the last people to believe what government officials say. Especially with the problems with the government today. But I am confident the manned landings on the Moon actually took place.

It would be great if those landings could be documented using unmanned spacecraft. As long as they don't destroy the important historical landing sites, I am all for it.

Once they confirm those manned Moon landings, the conspiracy nuts can get lost and find something else goofy to talk about.

Last edited:
And if the Moon landings were faked, we need to know the truth about that also.

I find it preposterous that you are even remotely thinking along this line. And just as preposterous that I am addressing it.

IF it was fake, the Russians and the Chinese would have proven it to be so decades ago, just to decrease the US stature in the world.

The truly preposterous idea is that the tens of thousands of people working on the project, and the thousands of government officials involved, could be quiet for nearly 50 years...that is genuinely unbelievable...

Originally Posted By: Al
And if the Moon landings were faked, we need to know the truth about that also.

I find it preposterous that you are even remotely thinking along this line. And just as preposterous that I am addressing it.

You don't understand. I am 100% certain the manned Moon landings took place. But I have no problem with those landings being proven beyond any question.

Originally Posted By: Vuflanovsky
They'll probably say that none of the boot dimensions from their space suits equal the print sizes photographed so that will start up a discussion about that moon landing hoax movie with O.J. and how "prophetic" it was and how it somehow involves the possibility of why O.J. was found not guilty in the criminal trial. Sorry, I'm involved with "true crime" conspiracy theories too often so it becomes natural.

The movie with OJ (Capricorn One) was actually about faking a landing on Mars, not the moon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capricorn_One

Originally Posted By: chiefsfan1

Not sure if the moon footage shown in this video is the original uncut, but between time 1:05 to 1:18 when they are communicating between the moon and earth there is no radio transmission delay between them talking back and forth. I'd assume there has to be way more delay than what's in the video.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: chiefsfan1

Not sure if the moon footage shown in this video is the original uncut, but between time 1:05 to 1:18 when they are communicating between the moon and earth there is no radio transmission delay between them talking back and forth. I'd assume there has to be way more delay than what's in the video.

The Earth-to-Moon communication delay is 1.3 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back