Original hoses 2005 GMC Sierra

I'm the original owner of a 2005 GMC Sierra 1500, and it still has the original radiator and heater hoses. 115K miles, I've changed the Dexcool 3 times in 18 years, and recent inspection shows everything appears to look OK....no bulges or leaks... should I keep running them until something fails? Or get them swapped as preventative maintenance?

04 Avalanche here w 199k miles and factory rad and hoses. They look normal as well but I’ll replace the hoses sometime in the next 6 months or so

When I traded my 02 2500HD with the 6.0 in, in 2017, all the hoses and belts were original. The only thing I ever changed were the plastic fittings on the heater core. They are pretty easy to do yourself if you are concerned.

When I traded my 02 2500HD with the 6.0 in, in 2017, all the hoses and belts were original. The only thing I ever changed were the plastic fittings on the heater core. They are pretty easy to do yourself if you are concerned.

I'd do this at a minimum since they like to turn to mush or can be easily broken off when you accidentally bump into them. Dorman sells metal QD fittings if you want much more reliable connections.

Back