Mustard on a Chicago hot dog- the rest of the story

when i eat a dressed up hot dog,,(lots of stuff),try a bakery (non commericial) brat bun,,,more room,less sloppy

the kind of brat buns made at a store bakery,,topped with poppy seeds or seaseme seeds,,,wheat buns,sour dough etc

Peak hot dog is an exercise in simplicity IMO
It must be all beef, Kosher is a plus
The more stuff it's topped with, the more of a mess it becomes
Save your cheese for the fries 😋
DELI mustard (or Nathan's/Guldons) is preferable
1695299489986.png

Peak hot dog is an exercise in simplicity IMO
It must be all beef, Kosher is a plus
The more stuff it's topped with, the more of a mess it becomes
Save your cheese for the fries 😋
DELI mustard (or Nathan's/Guldons) is preferable
View attachment 179692
Nathan's makes a great dog. Have no idea how Saberett makes sales with Nathan's in the house.

I recognized those fries as Nathan's before I read the text in your post. Nathan's fries are good and have a distinct look.

Have no idea how Saberett makes sales with Nathan's in the house.

I recognized those fries as Nathan's before I read the text in your post. Nathan's fries are good and have a distinct look.
I have no idea who's buying Saberett or Ball Park or other brands
I usually go straight for Nathan's if reasonably priced in the supermarket
However I've also been a big fan of Hebrew National, mainly because that's what the kosher Jewish deli we frequented when I was a kid served
You'd sit in a literal retired BMT subway car, we all cried when the broke the front wall out to take the subway car out when they closed 😳
1695300972894.png

1695300774068.png

You sometimes get a close approximation of them at the Costco food court, or packaged as Kirkland
Only catch is they're a little larger, so one must buy the larger buns
I've never been to Chicago (would like to soon) but apparently this is their home brand?
1695300704177.png

Back