Older Toyota Camry Oil Recommendations

oil_noob_guy

Peeps,

I have a 2004 Toyota Solara (Camry) v6 3.3L with 260,000 miles. The engine has a leak, probably from the block. So I add a quart sometimes.

I do food deliveries, driving, stopping, for hours at a time. So my car gets mileage.

I’m looking for recommendations of the best oil brand and filter. I know it’s speced for 5w 30. I’m not concerned about money, I just want to put the best possible oil and filter.

Thanks for your time and advice.

To treat the oil seals to prevent or minimize oil leaks,
I would recommend either an Ester based oil or a High Mileage Full Synthetic oil.

Best possible oil and filter: $115:
HPL Euro 5W-30, Fram Endurance oil filter.

Best value (High quality at a low price) oil and filter: $22:
Walmart store brand: SuperTech High Mileage Full Synthetic in 5 Quart Jug for $18.98 - $1 (5% off discount with Walmart credit card) = $17.98 + tax. It's marketed as a 10,000 mile oil and has the Dexos 1 Gen 3 approval, Fram Extra Guard oil filter (Efficiency: 95% @ > 20 microns): $3.50 from
To treat the oil seals to prevent or minimize oil leaks,
I would recommend either an Ester based oil or a High Mileage Full Synthetic oil.

Best possible oil and filter: $115:
HPL Euro 5W-30, Fram Endurance oil filter.

Best value (High quality at a low price) oil and filter: $22:
Walmart store brand: SuperTech High Mileage Full Synthetic in 5 Quart Jug for $18.98 - $1 (5% off discount with Walmart credit card) = $17.98 + tax. It's marketed as a 10,000 mile oil and has the Dexos 1 Gen 3 approval, Fram Extra Guard oil filter (Efficiency: 95% @ > 20 microns): $3.50 from Amazon with subscribe and save.
Not everyone wants a Walmart credit card. Most people don't want to step inside Walmart that I know.

Back