Old School Policing Is Dead...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
With cell phones cameras and the social media age I am shocked that people are surprised at police misconduct. The days of "stop and frisk" are gone. At the same time it is resulting in an increase in urban crime. I attend my local CAPS community policing meeting and they basically informed us that the Chicago police cant stop anyone anymore. Isn't that their job? Don't they take an oath to "serve and protect"??

Originally Posted By: Blkstanger
It's all political.

Yes, I agree and Mayor Rahm Emmaunal is hurting for support. My question is that the CPD are highly paid and supposedly highly trained yet crime has skyrocketed. It hasn't been this violent in Chicago since the 90's.

Originally Posted By: qwerty1234
My question is that the CPD are highly paid and supposedly highly trained yet crime has skyrocketed. It hasn't been this violent in Chicago since the 90's.

The ability of the police themselves to affect the crime rate, all on their own, without more tools than simply supposedly high pay and training, are relatively limited. You know what I'd have the CPD do. It also eliminates any concern about stop and frisk. Someone spits on the sidewalk, they get a ticket. Someone jaywalks, they get a ticket. Someone does a rolling stop, they get a ticket. Then, you check their vehicle, and if they have a loose battery tray, they get another ticket.

Hello Garek! I've been drinking at the local watering hole with a real Chicago police. He's telling me that it is not worth stopping anyone anymore. They give an ACLU receipt to every gang member even.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
On another bender qwerty?

Andre, how do fell about it?? At least I'm driving "toasty".

[quote=Garak It also eliminates any concern about stop and frisk. Someone spits on the sidewalk, they get a ticket.

They have a city ordinance about loud music from vehicles. It's suppose to be a $200 ticket and impound. Yet, I'm waken up at night with loud bass that shakes my windows. I think the police have to choose their battles, eh??

I feel for LEO: it's impossible to be one nowadays with all the conflicting laws on different levels and Political Correctness. You have to be 100% right all the time.
Of course, there are always bad ones, but most of them are good folk.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
On another bender qwerty?

Andre, how do fell about it?? At least I'm driving "toasty".

You should be in jail.

YK, but dont the police swear an oath like doctors?? They have a responsibility to the communities. On the plus side I never worry about minor traffic violations. And the police rarely write parking tickets. That scam belongs to an outside agency.

Hello Garek! I've been drinking at the local watering hole with a real Chicago police. He's telling me that it is not worth stopping anyone anymore.

Quit drinking, and tell them to do the same and write some tickets. Then, it's not "carding" or whatever the latest buzzword is.
wink.gif
Turtlevette and I have argued the topic before, of course, and you've probably read it. If you want an "in" for contact without a grumble about it being profiling, or at least less grumbling, find an infraction and write them up for it. Then, go from there.

More contraband is seized and arrest warrants executed from guys speeding or having burned out lights than by pounding on doors, or whatever it is the public thinks police officers should be doing.

Nate1979 You should be in jail. [/quote said:
I just had "a few" with a police officer. And he laughed at me driving home. If DUI is such an issue for you than you live in a fantasy world. There are real criminals our there that are robbing and doing heroin.

Garak, you are a good guy and I always love to talk with. No, the Chicago police do not follow that "broken windows" philosophy which cleaned up New York City. They allow public drinking, urination, loitering, and various other things. You may be right and minor crimes may lead to major crimes.

The FBI released a statement stating that crime was on the rise, and police are doing less policing. They called it 'The Ferguson Effect.' Instead of actively policing, communicating with the community, and checking out things that 'just don't look right' cops are laying low, and I can't blame them. The White House says there is no evidence to support this. Maybe they need to conduct a study or something.

Garek, I asked my drinking mate if he was okay to drive and he snickered at me. Of course, he is the police and I must respect his judgement.

bvance554 said:
The FBI released a statement stating that crime was on the rise, and police are doing less policing. They called it 'The Ferguson Effect.'

A job is a job. If I worked at Burger King as a kid & I would be expected to give good customer service. I believe effective police work is good customer service in the inner cities. They are highly paid to a professional job.

Nate1979 You should be in jail. I just had "a few" with a police officer. And he laughed at me driving home. If DUI is such an issue for you than you live in a fantasy world. There are real criminals our there that are robbing and doing heroin. [/quote said:
Driving under the influence I consider you on the same level as attempted murderer (because that is what you are doing every time you get behind the wheel and endanger the lives around you). But you have no shame just like the rest of the scum who do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back