oil relo kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to put a relocation kit on my Nissan Pathfinder to make oil changes easier, and to take advantage of the very common filter size that it uses, the Fram PH8A (FORD??) or equivalent. You can find this filter size for dirt cheap and in practically every brand. The kit, however, recommends the HP1, which I understand is a high pressure model of the same filter. Is this really necessary as those filters are much more expensive
dunno.gif

Thanks TooSlick. No, the filter for this engine (VG30i) is not the tiny one, it's a little smaller than PH8A overall. I like the PureOne, but it's hard to find for my truck. After the relo kit is in I'll be able to keep my eye out for deals on all the popular brands.

Steve,

Adding the filter relocation kit isn't going to increase the pressure drop across the filter element. If anything, the pressure will be less, due to viscous losses in the lines.

Since the Fram PH8A equivalent is so much larger than the OEM Nissan filter, I would not be concerned about matching the by-pass valve opening pressure either. Isn't this the engine that uses that tiny filter?

I'd still run a high efficiency filter like a Mobil 1 or PUR 1 with this install ...since you are using a much larger filter, you should be able to extend your filter change interval by 50%-100% ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back