Oil filter for brand new car??

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I got rid of the factory fill there was glitter in the oil. I know this in normal for an engine breaking in, however is there an oil filter that will catch these particles? I am looking for an oil filter that will catch 99% of the dirt and still have good flow, and I can get from a local store. I used to use purolator, should I use this again. When I dumped the factory fill, I used AC/delco.

If Amsoil EaO doesnt catch it, then i doubt any other filter will according to the particle count test done by GeorgeCLS

Go with the Amsoil Eao filter.

Harry
driving.gif

Nothing wrong with OEM/acdelco. Besides Amsoil, Pureone particle counts were excellent too.
Fram toughguard(TG) and extendedguard(X2 or XG) can also be considered.

I'll go with any of the premium filters mentioned in terms of filtration. PureOne, M1, Eao. Given that you're probably dropping oil early (before the OEM recommendation), you can probably throw out any economy notions ..so even the EaO is a viable candidate. Beyond that, you just need to assess your usage and buy accordingly.

You just need to ask yourself if an extra $2-$10 is worth it to accomplish what you want to do during this break-in period.
dunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back