Oil and Filter for New Vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAK

I recently bought a new 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT from a local dealer. The dealer offers several free oil changes as part of the purchase package. The dealer will use Penzoil 5w20 and Mopar oil filters. Following these free OCIs, should I continue with the Penzoil and the Mopar products (I like to change my own oil and filter)? Any advice out there from Dodge Caravan users? Thanks in advance for your input!

As long as its a synthetic Pennzoil (PP/PU/Semi)sure,keep it up.Works fine.

Welcome to the Pentastar club!

I personally use Pennzoil Ultra and Wix filters right now. I'll likely be using a PureOne filter going forward.

I believe these engines are pretty easy on oil so it shouldn't matter, besides personal preference, what kind you use.

There are not many filter options out there, but I don't believe there have been any issues with them and there are fewer manufacturers than there are options.

RAK, it makes no difference. Use any good brand of oil and filters. It might make a difference to use the Mopar filter during the engine warranty period---but probably not. Use oil that meets the specs shown in your owner's manual and follow the drain interval recommendations.

^^^That is the biggest thing, make sure it meets the Chrysler spec and you're good to go.

Originally Posted By: RAK
I recently bought a new 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT from a local dealer...

Yay! Another 2013 DGC owner! Congrats on the purchase. Lovin' ours so far.

No advice on the oil changes yet, given we've only got 1200mi or so on ours. I plan to use Mopar filter cartridges and 5w20. Curious to see when my "change oil" indicator comes on. Limit is 10K miles / 1yr for the 2013's.

Interesting, the 2012 says 8000 miles max. I wonder what changed between 2012 and 2013.

I'm about to finish a 10k run on PU. The OLM went off at 7500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back