Oh ya Kyle Busch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyle Busch is the best thing Nascar could have hoped for. Most people at the surface hate him, but deep down, they know he can drive the wheels off a race car. And he's not a panty waist like Jimmie Johnson.

You have to be at a track and see him race to get a feel for him as a driver.
Was at the Chicago IRL race but made it to the Friday night truck race.
Kyle pitted early on a yellow and started at the rear and to watch him go to the front in a very few laps is something to see.
Granted only about half the trucks make the finish of the race he still can drive a race car.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
I think that guy in the #88 car is better.

No, and here's why---Dale is poor at describing exactly what his car is doing at each point in the turn and suggesting what needs to be adjusted on the chassis to improve it. Or, if the crew chief makes a suggestion Dale doesn't make constructive comments on whether he thinks that'll work or something else will work better. Yes, Dale is good on the wheel, but he needs to spend time on the pit box and in the garage during other races to be a better chassis man. If Dale was the chassis engineer on the pit box for JR Motorsports Nationwide races, and the chassis adjustment choices were his responsibility, he might get much better. Or he might have no interest, get no better at chassis knowledge, and remain a mid-pack driver.

Originally Posted By: mcshooter
none of the oldtime fans watch nascar since the japs came in.

And you know this how? I am an old NASCAR fan; actually, a fan of all kinds of racing. I saw my first NASCAR race in 1957; went to my first Indy 500 in 1960, and I am still a fan of NASCAR. I like most of the changes they have done over the last few years. When you have watched something for almost 60 years, sometimes a few changes are welcome.

As far as not liking the Japanese branded Toyotas in NASCAR, I like them, as they represent the car that has been the best selling car in the US for many years. I have never owned one myself, but there is a reason they are the best seller, and it is not because they are the lowest priced.

They are manufactured in the US, with US labor, and primarily US sourced parts. The other cars in NASCAR, at least the cars they are named for, are manufactured in either Canada or Mexico.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: willix
Every Toyota in Nascar is 100% American made.

As is every; Ford, Chevy, and Dodge racing that series (save for a few parts like the brakes from; AP/Brembo/Alcon, etc., just like the Toys
wink.gif
).

It is more the representation of a foreign make which P.O.s/upsets fans, regardless of where the actual car ids made or sourced.

I will support the series again when Japan makes it as easy/viable/possible for an American marque to win in it's various race series as NASCAR has made it for TOY to win in ours.

But of course, inequities in racing should closely follow the GROSS inequities in trade policies, correct??
I mean the world would come to an end if everything did not favor the beloved Japan, Inc., right?

Originally Posted By: 38sho

Kurt seems like a better class act these days to his brother

I guess it takes a beatdown by some fat guy in his mid 40's to teach Kurt to behave.

Kurt Busch will always be Jimmy Spencer's personal bobblehead doll.

Oh ya Kyle Busch ...

sending a certain hand gesture to the NASCAR official while ESPN had Busch's in car camera live, for everyone to see...

Good job. Time to grow up, son.

Punk done ran out of talent. Or maybe all the talent he has is in one finger.

His older brother got his act together and is an admirable driver these days, but Kyle's useless. Put just about anyone out there in equipment as good as Kyle Busch gets and they'd run just as well... or better. My one complaint about all the safety equipment in NASCAR is that it breeds chumps like Kyle Busch who think wrecking is always an option. I'd like to see how many laps he'd have made in 1970 before he killed himself.

Originally Posted By: Spazdog

Kurt Busch will always be Jimmy Spencer's personal bobblehead doll.

That was one of my favorite NASCAR moments of all time, and when all was said and done I think Kurt came out better for it.
Spencer is a hoot. They need more like him today.

And I think Jack Roush firing him before the end of a season helped him get a grip on reality too. I suspect its only a matter of time before the Gibbs can't take any more of Kyle, either.

Originally Posted By: sunruh
Toyota employees more people in the USA than coca-cola and microsoft....combind!

LOL...Guess again. Microsoft alone employs more people in Puget Sound than Toyota NA does on the entire continent.

Microsoft direct USA employment...@56,000 in total.
Coca Cola direct USA employment...@9,900 in total.

Toyota direct USA employment...@29,000 in total

These are Toyota employees, not including the dealership and supplier numbers...but then again neither does the Microsoft and Coca Cola numbers, which would be huge when considering the bottlers, drivers, suppliers and distributors. Apples to apples, comparing the number of people directly employed by the Company, Toyota falls way short of your claim.

http://pressroom.toyota.com/pr/tms/document/2010_US_Operations_Brochure.pdf

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
OMG, people are still worshiping at NASCAR's altar?

It gets more like the WWE every day!

Actually, it was more like the WWE back in the day and it faded to a bunch of young yuppies with hardly any emotion. I'm glad the pro wrestlers are back in Nascar! It's boring enough watching cars drive in a circle for 4 hours; they need some fights.

If TOYboy D.H. wins the whole sheeebang, I will not only NOT "worship at the NASCAR altar", but I will instantly and reflexively switch the channel EVERY AND ANY time ANYTHING NASCAR related shows up on the screen!!

Since this thread has gone well past the subject its time for a lock.

Next time stay please stay on subject and if someone goes off it, notify us so we can edit it out. (and take care of the members who go off subject)

This one is so far gone the lock happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back