Oh my... I just sold my 92FS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been going back and forth whether to keep my big old 92 and put up with its size for carry or sell it for something a little smaller and less cumbersome. I've gone thru all the options and drove myself crazy with all of the platforms and calibers out there. A month ago I bought a ruger 357 snubbie and ended up just retiring it to the sock drawer for my wife. It's a fine gun but also a little painful to carry on the waist, and too bulgy to carry in the pocket. I woke up this morning and an idea popped furiously into my head - I didn't want to part with my beretta platform but still wanted something with a little less calories. I talked to the wife and she gave me the green light to do what I wanted and I drove into town and took a brief look at what I thought I was going to buy - a Subcompact PX4 Storm. I was pretty much decided and was filling out the paperwork when he brought out its slightly older brother, the "compact". I put it in my hand and it felt even better. So after some haggling I ended up bringing the Italian px4 storm compact home with a pocket holster to boot. Wearing it now and it's surprisingly unobtrusive! Thought I'd miss the 92 and i ended up paying a little difference but I think I did pretty well.

Happy new gun day! I may have pics later...

9 mm or 40 cal?

PX4-S-P-E-C-S.jpg

I don't know if its the photo or not, but thats the shortest thumb i have ever seen.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: otis24
Did you get it at Gary's Gun Shop or Scheel's?

:)

SoDak Sports in Aberdeen.

Re : the thumb, it's at a strange angle but I do actually have some pretty small but at the same time large hands. If there's any part of my dad in me that you can physically see - its his hands for sure.

Originally Posted By: zerosoma
...in Aberdeen.

[threadjack] that little car wash on the main drag has some killer bug remover, which is good because there are a lot of bugs between Rapid and Aberdeen
grin.gif
[/threadjack]

Let us know how it shoots, I've tried hard to like 92's but just cannot warm up to them... never shot a PX4 though...

Do they have a good selection of used handguns? Can never find anything decent for used at Scheel's any more. Not opposed to driving to Aberdeen. The kids love Storybook Land!

Just checked out their web site. Looks like they may offer some gunsmithing services. I have a Browning Hi Power that I would like to get reblued or GunKoted as well as having the slide milled and dove tailed for a different front sight.

If you go there ask to speak with Jason. He's by far the nicest guy there and he knows his stuff. You'll know who he is because he's the friendliest guy there. I always deal with that dude when I buy from them. The guy in the video (justin) on the site is a bit condescending and if you ask a stupid question he makes you feel like an idiot. My friend asked what the difference was between a 1911 and a Glock, because that's what he's used to. The guy goes - uhhh - like everything. Friend asks whats familiar in both of them. He says, They both have um... Slides, triggers, magazines. Real condescending like. I wanted to smack him!. I avoid him if I can.

SoDak has an ok selection of used guns. Right now they're pretty bare. Think there's a Springfield XD9 and some used Walthers and Kahrs. They usually price the used guns about 10-20% lower than their new stock. Still loving the PX4 on my waist by the way, I'm at work and it carries comfortably - IN my POCKET! Strange huh.

I am a revolver guy at heart, and finding good "shooter" grade Smiths and Rugers and affordable prices is very difficult these days.

Originally Posted By: hemitom
I don't know if its the photo or not, but thats the shortest thumb i have ever seen.
LOL +1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back