Octane Booster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have searched, but cant seem to find a consensus.
What is the best octane booster . I currently need a little boost till my tuner reduces timing etc, as I am getting a little spark knock at WOT.
Thanks.

I have tried pretty much everything on the market,,including Octane Supreme 130,,,which is TEL,but unfortunately,I think the EPA put a halt to that stuff,,not really sure.I know that when I recently tried to purchase some more,I got a message stating that it was unavailable at the moment and no one was sure when it would become available again,,,but,,,,It does work,,,that being said,,my next choice was TORCO ACCELERATOR,,it does bump octane by NUMBERS,,not points.I had a local chemist test it for me.I followed the instructions for mixing,,with 93 octane,,and sure enough,one quart bumped the octane to around 98 or 99,,now,,I am NOT a chemist,,nor do I claim to be,,I kinda had to take his word for it and he is an independent and not affiliated with TORCO at all,,but he assured me that it did work.I tested it by advancing my timing to see if got any detonation,,which I admit was little silly,,but I was curious,,,I advanced the timing beyond where I normally have it set for 93 and got the dreaded "PING",,,I added the mix of TORCO and 93,,,left the timing where it was,,,and no ping,,I know that this is not a very scientific approach to testing fuel,,BUT,,it did work,,,it's not all that expensive,,so it might be worth a shot,,just be carefull how much you advance at a time and see if it works for you.

E85 is very high octane. Do some research, might be able to get the effect you're looking for by putting a gallon or couple of that in with each tank. Saab even makes a "Biopower" line overseas that apply extra turbo boost for more power when running E85.

jeff

I've heard the 104 additive works great....

But have also been told that something like B-12 CHEMTOOL will yield the same result, being that CHEMTOOL contains Xylenes, Methanol, IPA, and some other "high energy" ingredients...

http://www.nwoffshore.com/forums/archive/index.php?t-1746.html

I think it's primarily the Xylene and Toulene that increase the octane in Berryman's.....but even they sell their own selection of Octane Boosters.....but can't seem to find them anywhere.....like due to the way "marketing" is at these brick and mortar stores.....Pennzoil, GumOut, etc. "pay" the store to put their merchandise on the store shelves.....

here's the berryman products, with MSDS [/url]http://www.berrymanproducts.com/Default.aspx?tabid=141]berryman[/url]

Note: from the limited research I've done...when an additive reads "for offroad use only" that simply means it has not been "registered" by the EPA....lol. It's a gimmick, IMHO....

I don't know, I tend to have more faith/trust from something in a metal can, than a plastic container
wink.gif
But [censored], even Mineral Spirits is sold in extrmely flimsy jugs at hardware stores, and it's pretty stout in the fuel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back