obd code reader

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will also say that Auto Enginuity sells an excellent product for a PC, pocket PC or a Palm. I have the Palm version. It can do a lot more than the plain code readers including graphing of various parameters.

For an extra fee you can buy software that includes all the manufacturer specific codes but I doubt that is necessary unless you are a shop or dealer.

I might suggest to skip the Palm version as its slightly dated due to some limitations in Palm OS. But I am stuck with it for now.

They have free software updates.

I have both an Actron and a Harbor Freight scanner. The HF cost me $50, does CAN, and works every bit as well as the more expensive Actron. If all you need is to read and erase codes, they are a fairly good deal at $50.

Stay away from anything made by SPX,they do not stand behind their equipment.I also boycott them,they screwed my father's family.The story is my grandfather whom I never met worked for SPX for 19 and half years,died of a heart atteck at age 39.SPX sent his 20 year pin to my grandma Rose and denied her his retire money because he did not work there long enough.My father had someone try to fight it and lost.SPX is a very greedy company.My father father was screwed by SPX,cleared any info on warranty work on his Robinair A/C Machine which is a POS since day one.The Snap On Modis is the top of the line,$8,000.00 brand new and has a great Tech support line.

Freddy is that you? It's me! Your uncle Petey! I recognized the story. It's a shame about Pepop.

Originally Posted By: 2000ltdken
I bought an Equus 3100 Innova CanOBD2 Diagnostic Tool from Amazon. Paid $79 for it including shipping. Does OBD II and CAN. Figure I saved about $700 on repairs last year on my cars and one at work. Great investment!
I bought the same code reader last summer, saved myself a fair bit of money by scanning my vehicle myself, I also saved a few of my friends money by scanning their vehicles too. Canadian tire here wants $85.00 just to scan a car for codes!!!

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
Originally Posted By: 2000ltdken
I bought an Equus 3100 Innova CanOBD2 Diagnostic Tool from Amazon. Paid $79 for it including shipping. Does OBD II and CAN. Figure I saved about $700 on repairs last year on my cars and one at work. Great investment!
I bought the same code reader last summer, saved myself a fair bit of money by scanning my vehicle myself, I also saved a few of my friends money by scanning their vehicles too. Canadian tire here wants $85.00 just to scan a car for codes!!!

Man what are they nuts!! you can get a free scan here @ Auto-Zone!!

I have a Scan Gauge. It's great for displaying PCM info (HP, TFT, MPG, Coolant Temp, etc). However, for diagnotic work.....no way. You'll need one that does that type of stuff like an Actron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back