Not familiar with two strokes, what does an oil fouled spark plug and no start mean?

Loaning a mower to someone (of course never do that) and having it come back with all that mud I wonder if it's been in a flood. Check the dipstick to confirm there isn't water in the oil.

I would remove the whole carb the first time so you see how it goes together. It's hard to tell a beginner "just drop the bowl" since you really have to go by feel on that shortcut.

If you only need to drain the system, there is a plastic plug in the bottom of the bowl which can be removed with a 10mm hex key.

Around 2016 Briggs bought and used some bad fuel line hose which, after about this many years, swells shut from the inside. From the outside it looks normal. After taking the carb off, confirm that gas flows freely out of the tank through the line. If it doesn't, the line must be replaced.

Last edited:
Loaning a mower to someone (of course never do that) and having it come back with all that mud I wonder if it's been in a flood. Check the dipstick to confirm there isn't water in the oil.

I would remove the whole carb the first time so you see how it goes together. It's hard to tell a beginner "just drop the bowl" since you really have to go by feel on that shortcut.

If you only need to drain the system, there is a plastic plug in the bottom of the bowl which can be removed with a 10mm hex key.

Around 2016 Briggs bought and used some bad fuel line hose which, after about this many years, swells shut from the inside. From the outside it looks normal. After taking the carb off, confirm that gas flows freely out of the tank through the line. If it doesn't, the line must be replaced.
I wouldn't recommend a beginner remove the whole carb on one of these that's a good way to break one of the plastic linkages.

Back