Non Violent Protests In U.S.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: qwerty1234
Originally Posted By: Astro14
qwerty1234 said:
Repeat offender for drunk driving might be grounds for shooting a [censored], errrr, I mean suspect, on the spot...

I have no regrets on driving intoxicated.

Stunning.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Why do you proudly post (repeatedly) that you drove intoxicated? You seem like a nice enough guy but I can't figure this out.

However, I found a new passion in life and that is civil rights.

Thug Hugging. Nice.
In no way, do I defend the unjustified overreaction of Police, such as the Chicago case and the case in SC, to name two examples. Officers who clearly overreact are entitled to appropriate due and legal process, period.
However, in situations such as this, key details tend to become omitted, such as the action(s) committed by the alleged thug which led to the unjustified overreaction.
In addition, when does personal responsibility in regards to the alleged thug come into play? Might his actions have contributed to the debacle as well?

Because many folks who got caught drinking & driving aren't criminals. I suppose I have a resentment against the amount of money I had to pay. However, I found a new passion in life and that is civil rights.
I could respect you if your new passion was keeping drunk drivers off the road. But a passion for Civil Rights when you took others Civil rights away by threatening their life boggles my mind.

Astro, I've been sober a few months now. The AA folks tell me you have to find some kind of passion in life. I grew up in Chicago my whole life. The police should be retrained on simple manners. The "stop and frisk" policy in Chicago is against Federal law. Everyday, urban youths struggle with the odds stacked against them. I like to hope I don't violate the standards of this forum. Sometime I think I should just go back to posting about High Milage oil....

Perhaps sticking to oil would create less conflict...but you and I wouldn't be having this conversation...so, back to the passion you brought up.

I applaud your efforts with AA. I am not anti-alcohol, for the record, but it controls some people and those folks need the help of organizations like AA. I am glad to see you getting help.

I think your new found passion is misplaced. Urban youths do struggle. No doubt. They need your help.

But you're not helping them. You're assaulting the profession against which you feel aggrieved. Anti-police is not pro-youth, unless you're a complete moron, which I know you're not.

You've misplaced your anger and directed it against an institution. Creating self-righteous rationalizations around that misplacement doesn't help you and it doesn't help those kids you profess to support. Hating cops, hating the institution, is simple stereotyping and I know that you wouldn't stand for that stereotyping against any other group of people, so don't be a hypocrite when it comes to the police.

In order to help both yourself and those kids, you need to wake up and admit the mistakes of your past. You need to find a constructive outlet for a new passion. Ride along with the cops, take a shooting/decision course of instruction to understand what they go through. Learn the law in Chicago from an accredited source.

Seek first to understand (Ghandi's words).

Take what you learn and then go volunteer with urban youth. Give them your time, your effort, and your new passion. Show them how to focus their energies as you have. Show them the path to success. Share with them your perspective, developed from your life experience (including mistakes).

You could add tremendous value to their lives. But please, whatever you do, don't teach them to hate a certain group. That would be devastating to their chances of success. It enables their continued failure by removing their personal sense of responsibility. It diminishes their ability to integrate into society. It holds them back by not demanding critical thinking and a positive approach.

It's your call, qwerty, but I think your passion could be directed in a very positive way...instead of the negative course you're now charting...

And please continue your efforts to remain sober. For your sake, and the sake of those who share the road, and the sake of those kids that you would be able to help through your positive example.

Last edited:
To the OP: congratulations on your sobriety.

As for the "I'm not hurting anyone when I drive impared" logic, lose it. You were lucky.

Last weekend a 16-year old, who was also high at the time, and a 20-year old were drag-racing on the main road near my house. Traveling at a police estimated 115mph, they took out a father/daughter who happened to get in their way; the daughter was released after several days in the hospital, and the father died yesterday morning.

I'm sure they thought they weren't hurting anyone either -- until they did.

Originally Posted By: opus1
To the OP: congratulations on your sobriety.

As for the "I'm not hurting anyone when I drive impared" logic, lose it. You were lucky.

Last weekend a 16-year old, who was also high at the time, and a 20-year old were drag-racing on the main road near my house. Traveling at a police estimated 115mph, they took out a father/daughter who happened to get in their way; the daughter was released after several days in the hospital, and the father died yesterday morning.

I'm sure they thought they weren't hurting anyone either -- until they did.

The OP seems to have no remorse for what he did, which means he DIDN'T learn his lesson...for the sake of other drivers, I hope his sobriety sticks...

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
We can't discuss a terrorist attack but we can discuss protesting and the thug scum of Chicago and Baltimore.

Yes, very interesting, isn't it?

Excellent comments Astro
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Seems another protests in downtown Chicago right now. Mayor Rahm issued an apology for having a office involved murder "happen on his watch". He even almost started crying. But it may be too little too late.

Seems another protests in downtown Chicago right now. Mayor Rahm issued an apology for having a office involved murder "happen on his watch". He even almost started crying. But it may be too little too late.

The crying often works.

Originally Posted By: andrewg

The crying often works.

I admit he gave a pretty good speech. Of course, he has had years in the White House gaining experience on how to misdirect and cast blame onto others.

Ironically, the protesters are the same people who voted Mayor Tiny Dancer back into office in the spring...

Originally Posted By: andrewg

The crying often works.

I admit he gave a pretty good speech. Of course, he has had years in the White House gaining experience on how to misdirect and cast blame onto others.

Yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back