Non Violent Protests In U.S.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: qwerty1234
When the officer from Chicago goes to trial. I hope that they take race out of it. I hope they look at the facts and look at the discipline history of the officer. IMO, that is the biggest issue. It's a history of questionable police procedures and discipline.

Of course the thug behavior in these cities has nothing to do with it, right?

Exactly.....more like 95% of it is about race.

Mr Nice, yes that was a good call South Carolina. The video, Mayor Rahm, says will be released next week of another police shooting will begin to show a pattern from CPD.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Jury will find him guilty.

One never knows OJ was found "not guilty" A hung jury is always possible.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Zero need to shoot guy running away. Jury will find him guilty.

It's interesting to note that at one time in Canada, shooting a suspect running away was codified in the Criminal Code as a justified use of force. I'm not trying to start or contribute to an argument; I'm just pointing out that times change and there are different viewpoints on the matter. You and I may see "zero need," but clearly, others did not.

Hello Garak. Good to see ya. eh? Are you saying a suspect running away for any crime was grounds for lethal force? Even shoplifting, jumping turn styles, smoking pot, ect...?

Hello Garak. Good to see ya. eh? Are you saying a suspect running away for any crime was grounds for lethal force? Even shoplifting, jumping turn styles, smoking pot, ect...?

Repeat offender for drunk driving might be grounds for shooting a [censored], errrr, I mean suspect, on the spot...

Mr Nice thank you for the laugh, you never fail to deliver! I am reading that thinking it can't be real, sure enough a quick Google search reveals it's a fake news source like The Onion! The second to last paragraph about the statement to the medical staff had me in stitches!

Since you like phony sites, check out this one I found. I think you might like it - www.dailyjobcuts.com

Originally Posted By: Astro14
qwerty1234 said:
Repeat offender for drunk driving might be grounds for shooting a [censored], errrr, I mean suspect, on the spot...

I have no regrets on driving intoxicated. Chicago police never bothered me if they pulled me over for driving "toasty". I've been sober a few months now and resent that comment.

Why do you proudly post (repeatedly) that you drove intoxicated? You seem like a nice enough guy but I can't figure this out.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Why do you proudly post (repeatedly) that you drove intoxicated? You seem like a nice enough guy but I can't figure this out.

Nate, I don't care about others on the road.

Sociopaths are not nice guys.

Ed

Because many folks who got caught drinking & driving aren't criminals. I suppose I have a resentment against the amount of money I had to pay. However, I found a new passion in life and that is civil rights.

Because many folks who got caught drinking & driving aren't criminals. I suppose I have a resentment against the amount of money I had to pay. However, I found a new passion in life and that is civil rights.

You have an astonishing capacity for denial.

Folks who got caught drinking & driving are criminals. They broke the law. Folks who didn't get caught are equally criminal. They, too, broke the law. Drinking and driving is a crime.

It exposes others to risks. Risks that they didn't choose. Risks of dying in a car crash caused by a criminal who chose his own "toasty" self-indulgence over the rights of others.

You're no champion of rights. You've got a history of abrogating others rights by exposing them to unreasonable risk. You have a history of blatant disregard for the rights of others.

Your cause now isn't rights, but self-righteousness. Principally your own, but also political self-righteousness. You like to lecture the forum on what is right....and skirt the R/S/P rules of the forum.

When you have a history of doing what is wrong.

I cannot believe your hypocrisy.

Astro, I've been sober a few months now. The AA folks tell me you have to find some kind of passion in life. I grew up in Chicago my whole life. The police should be retrained on simple manners. The "stop and frisk" policy in Chicago is against Federal law. Everyday, urban youths struggle with the odds stacked against them. I like to hope I don't violate the standards of this forum. Sometime I think I should just go back to posting about High Milage oil....

This week there will another video of a dash cam from a Chicago squad car released. I am all for peaceful protests. There is no need to loot or burn pharmacies. Chicago is one of the most segregated cities in America. I believe by the Spring of next year Mayor Rahm will be forced to resign.

Originally Posted By: Astro14

You have an astonishing capacity for denial.

Folks who got caught drinking & driving are criminals. They broke the law. Folks who didn't get caught are equally criminal. They, too, broke the law. Drinking and driving is a crime.

It exposes others to risks. Risks that they didn't choose. Risks of dying in a car crash caused by a criminal who chose his own "toasty" self-indulgence over the rights of others.

You're no champion of rights. You've got a history of abrogating others rights by exposing them to unreasonable risk. You have a history of blatant disregard for the rights of others.

Your cause now isn't rights, but self-righteousness. Principally your own, but also political self-righteousness. You like to lecture the forum on what is right....and skirt the R/S/P rules of the forum.

When you have a history of doing what is wrong.

I cannot believe your hypocrisy.

Exactly!

I'd have to do some digging to look back at the provision and check the case law, but it might have been for more serious offences. But, running from the police automatically upped the ante. Of course, there still are reasons to shoot a suspect running away, whether we like it or not. If I'm the officer and I'm attempting to contain a suspect wearing a suicide vest, and he runs away from me and off towards a crowd, he's going to get shot. He'd probably get shot even before that, but you get my point.

Because many folks who got caught drinking & driving aren't criminals.

Anyone who gets convicted of impaired driving or driving over the legal limit is, by definition, a criminal.

Agreed. Drinking (impaired) and driving is a totally selfish, criminal act. It is beyond comprehension how qwerty seems to treat it as a casual but rather harmless mistake....like not using a turn signal or something.
In my opinion, drunk drivers get off far too easily when caught. They KILL innocent people all the time...frequently. It's murder. They should be so severely punished, that anytime they even THINK of a few drinks before driving...fear makes them decide otherwise.

qwerty...I read your post and at first thought you were attempting humor and it was just a bad joke you were making. I didn't realize you were serious. With the obvious brain capability you have (I disagree with you 90% of the time...but you are intelligent), you really need to have an attitude adjustment and a ton of self realization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back