No more PureOne deals from Amazon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went to Amazon to order some PureOne oil filters in their deals where you buy two for around $12 and change, and none of my current filters are available with that deal anymore. They're all $10.50 each (! ouch!) and available in singles. Where are the best deals on PureOne filters now?

Originally Posted By: Lethal1ty17
i just get mine at an advance auto parts store for $6 each

ditto.

And sometimes they run an oil change special where you get 5 quarts of Pennzoil/QS/Castrol/etc synthetic and a PureOne for ~$25.

jeff

The best deal is using discount codes from Advance. I've found that many of their codes still work long after being supposedly expired. There's a 20% off code, "P20", with no minimum purchase and codes for 30-40% off, "ES123", that require minimum purchases. You can also see if "BIG25" still works which was $25 of a purchase of $60. If the codes don't work, double check them 'cause I may be remembering wrong.

I know that KMart sells them too--anyone know what they go for there? The one nearest me is so darn inconvenient that it would have to be a great price to get me to go there, plus it seems to be a sheltered workshop for people who don't know how to run a retail operation.

Kmart P1's averaging ~$5.89 in this area, ~$.70 less expensive than AAP. Classic slightly less at AAP. Still, P1 is alot of filter for ~$6. The Amazon deal was exceptional though, unless you used the AAP $10 off $25 coupon and bought 4 P1's, that was decent too.

I've used Pure Ones, I just wish that the can was a little bit thicker...

Any oil filter shell that I can dent with my bare hands is a bit too thin, in my opinion.

Originally Posted By: cronk
I've been buying them at K-mart, most are running around $6.

Same here ... it's the only thing K-Mart is good for - PureOne filters.
lol.gif

Mrsilv - I agree with you there. However, on my Jeep, it's out of the way of rocks and such, so I don't worry about it. It's far easier to dent it than to burst it.

In addition to exceptional filtration I love the PureOnes for their silicone ADBV and their grippy surface--it makes changing the filter so much easier. On most of my applications it is hard to get any sort of filter tool on the filter when it is on the vehicle, but I can manage to snake my arm and hand in there and get a grip with the Pure One grippy finish. I know Fram does put on the grippy dome ends, but I wish more manufacturers did it too. Makes so much sense.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
I've used Pure Ones, I just wish that the can was a little bit thicker...

Any oil filter shell that I can dent with my bare hands is a bit too thin, in my opinion.

That filter will hold up to anything your car can produce,instead of worrying about a thick can worry about thick media.

run a quality filter and a P1 is just that.

I just bought 4 open box PL10241's for $13 from Amazon. These are most likely returns from folks who ordered the wrong filter #. They are sold with a happiness warranty that includes free return shipping. They are listed on the same page with a hot button that says "used". Seems like K-Mart is the lowest EDLP in KC area. I like them a lot. All the premium features plus the grippy surface, make them the best bang for the buck I have found.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: daman

That filter will hold up to anything your car can produce,instead of worrying about a thick can worry about thick media.

The problem is, it isn't in a place that I'd consider "safe" on the Park Avenue. It isn't so bad on my truck.

I've actually HAD a piece of road debris be kicked up by a tire and bounce under and puncture an oil filter. It's no fun, let me tell you.

I'll have to find those pictures and post them.

I still view it as the weak spot in the lubrication system. Much more comfortable with using M1 filters.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Originally Posted By: daman

The problem is, it isn't in a place that I'd consider "safe" on the Park Avenue. It isn't so bad on my truck.

I've actually HAD a piece of road debris be kicked up by a tire and bounce under and puncture an oil filter. It's no fun, let me tell you.

I'll have to find those pictures and post them.

I still view it as the weak spot in the lubrication system. Much more comfortable with using M1 filters.

that must have been one thin can then because i've ran P1(pf52's cross) on all my 3800's and 3100's and never a problem.

Just got an email from AAP with a choice of 7 discount codes. Best one for buying 4 P1's online is BIG10, $10 off $25. Says, limited time, but no expiration date.

If you buy 4 it works out better (~4.09 plus tax) than Amazon for many apps. Hope that helps some folks wanting a good price on P1's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back