Nice Corolla with so-so body...

My truck has 130k and is 12 years old.
Engine bay is spotless. It gets addressed every time I wash the truck.
Clean happens.
Yes- nobody said you can't clean an engine bay. The rest of the car looks like it sat in the middle of world war three and hit every obstacle everytime it was driven. Why would somebody do one thing? But be so careless with the other?

that era Corolla are very reliable, long lived and very easy to maintain...my sister got one that had spent it's entire life outside (as it does now at her condo) and looks bad with similar damaged doors from her getting it hit...parts from RockAuto that won't break the bank when she got it and some tender loving care and she's had hers for 5 years now and about 40K miles...runs like a Swiss watch; looks like heck on the outside...trusty

good luck with your choice

Bill

Don't sleep on the Pontiac Vibe or Toyota Matrix if there are any left. That corolla looks like one you do not want. If the body is in that condition, the rest of it has been abused as well. Did someone take a pry bar to the door? Yikes.

A hoopti is better than waking or the bus.

My Camry is getting a little rough. Golf ball dent on the trunk, rear bumper has had at least 3 incidents and the front fender had an introduction to a shelf in my garage. Minor stuff but I'm not spending 3k to get it fixed.

You could buy that Corolla for 3k and drive it a few years until the nieces get on their feet and sell it for 2.5k.

Yes- nobody said you can't clean an engine bay. The rest of the car looks like it sat in the middle of world war three and hit every obstacle everytime it was driven. Why would somebody do one thing? But be so careless with the other?
Ahh.
A 17 year old Toyota that runs well but looks like it's been driven by someone who needed a few driving lessons.
I knew a woman that was high mileage, ran well but could have benefitted from a high mileage lubricant. Leaked a bit.
But ran well. Little make-up and a beer..................
She kept her engine bay clean.

Back