NFL 's biggest name that is drawing ratings- Taylor Swift

I watch my football on Saturdays but the NFL is scripted worse than the WWE.
You saying college football isn't scripted?
main difference between the NFL and the NCAA is who gets the money. :)

I watch some college, just because there are about 50 or 60 games every Saturday
and there might be 1 or 2 that might be close.
For instance I watched some Michigan against Nebraska
just to watch and see how many times the Wolverines could pound the ball
down the Huskers throat ( apparently alot)
but the better game was Georgia versus Auburn.

last nights MFL was bad.. it was marred by penalty after penalty
I gave up..

but good thing was no nonsense about Taylor Swift.

Great question- but it is eye opening that she brought 6 million additional viewers to the NFL, many of whom are teenage girls......
any publicity is good publicity. I think they said Kelce87 Jersey Sales were up 400% this week.

Yeah, she's certainly not '10' material. Nothing exceptional at all when it comes to her looks.
You could say that about A LOT of people who have some sort of fame. Her charm is in her down to earth looks that girls can identify with and her ability to make hit, after hit that lands right in their feels. She's not a "california girl", she's a SE PA girl who despite all her fandom is still quite level headed. Being a 10 is not worthy of chasing in the real world. A lot of us settle for a good 7 or 8 and she's easily that.

You could say that about A LOT of people who have some sort of fame. Her charm is in her down to earth looks that girls can identify with and her ability to make hit, after hit that lands right in their feels. She's not a "california girl", she's a SE PA girl who despite all her fandom is still quite level headed. Being a 10 is not worthy of chasing in the real world. A lot of us settle for a good 7 or 8 and she's easily that.
Yes, and she's certainly not Cardi-B "throwing her mic at somebody who threw a drink at her and the singing doesn't stop" raunchy and fake.

Her stuff is catchy. And yeah, she's not a great singer, but a lot of great singers never become insanely popular, look at Sarah Brightman. Floor Jansen is a phenomenal singer, but the genre isn't something that is going to land her next to Taylor Swift.

Yes, and she's certainly not Cardi-B "throwing her mic at somebody who threw a drink at her and the singing doesn't stop" raunchy and fake.

Her stuff is catchy. And yeah, she's not a great singer, but a lot of great singers never become insanely popular, look at Sarah Brightman. Floor Jansen is a phenomenal singer, but the genre isn't something that is going to land her next to Taylor Swift.
Same with Audra McDonald, not a huge opera fan but her voice is great.

I 'agree' with the ebb and flow of this thread.
My 2 cents is that despite someone's popularity, cutting to a shot of someone sitting in a box here-and-there during a game is somehow Orwellian.

SARCASM: Her red lipstick was perfect. Did anyone else notice how there was none in the corners of her lips?
NASTINESS: The director likely calculated a trade-off between more shots of TS and fewer of 'end zone dancing'.....that I can live with.

I 'agree' with the ebb and flow of this thread.
My 2 cents is that despite someone's popularity, cutting to a shot of someone sitting in a box here-and-there during a game is somehow Orwellian.

SARCASM: Her red lipstick was perfect. Did anyone else notice how there was none in the corners of her lips?
NASTINESS: The director likely calculated a trade-off between more shots of TS and fewer of 'end zone dancing'.....that I can live with.

apparently you don't watch much sports..
it is fairly common to pan the crowd and the skyboxes and point out celebrities and family members, especially in NYC or LA.

most famous moment of all is the interaction between Spike Lee and Reggie Miller at a Pacers Knicks game.

She's "level headed"? I'll give you that she's a 7 or 8....but her viewpoints about various topics are anything but level headed. She's right there with the rest of the reprobates.

She's "level headed"? I'll give you that she's a 7 or 8....but her viewpoints about various topics are anything but level headed. She's right there with the rest of the reprobates.
Yes because religion & politics are the defining monuments to one's character. :rolleyes: Her viewpoints are not up for debate anymore than yours are.

Yes because religion & politics are the defining monuments to one's character. :rolleyes: Her viewpoints are not up for debate anymore than yours are.
I expressed my opinion. Isn't that the point of a message board? Besides....her viewpoints are often expressed......influencing many. So yes, they are up to debate.

I expressed my opinion. Isn't that the point of a message board? Besides....her viewpoints are often expressed......influencing many. So yes, they are up to debate.
I like Mark Wahlberg's position on that stuff:
“A lot of celebrities did, do, and shouldn’t [talk about politics],” he said. “You know, it just goes to show you that people aren’t listening to that anyway. They might buy your CD or watch your movie, but you don’t put food on their table. You don’t pay their bills. A lot of Hollywood is living in a bubble. They’re pretty out of touch with the common person, the everyday guy out there providing for their family.”

Overkill: I enjoy your posts immensely. You're smart and work in a demanding industry.
Your command of language is right up there.

Please reread that MW quote and see if you agree with me in that it's a mishmash of several thoughts at best.

I expressed my opinion. Isn't that the point of a message board?
Whether it be Taylor, Beyonce or any of the female singers who perform live. Although a typical horny male, those ladys throwing their hoochies in your face, I have zero respect.
You're supposed to pretend you don't notice that. Heaven forbid you behave like a red-blooded American male.

Back