Newbie here , Differential lube ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, just found this site ! Looks like some great info to be found. I have a '96 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel 4x4. I just changed to Royal Purple motor oil and am thinking about RP for my differentials and transfer case. Whats the general opinion on here about Royal Purple ? Also I am going to rebuild my tranny soon and have been looking at BullyDogs tranny fluid. Any thoughts on it ?
Thanks for the input !

I had bad results (per UOA) on RP engine oil, but many here have had excellent results. I have used RP gear oils with good results. I used RP gear oil up till now with no complaints; lately I have been using SF with good results, and the customer service is great.

I don't know anything about BullyDog’s ATF, but I'm sure they are re-labeling someone else’s fluid, so you can probably get the same or better fluid for less money from another source. Mobil 1 and Amsoil make good fully synthetic ATFs. Chevron is a good dino oil and SF has a good blend. Schaeffer’s also has several products that will work well for your application. Although good fluid is certainly a plus, with gearboxes (trans or esp. diffs) I think frequent service is more important to longevity, my .02 anyway!

BTW
welcome.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back