New Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought a new 2008 chevy silverado crew cab on their employ discount plus $5000.00 rebate. The build date was 12/2007. It has only 58 miles on the clock. Question is, since the truck is about 10 months old should I change oil and filter now or wait until the oil life monitor says to change it.
Thanks

Drain it now. Look at it this way. You just spent ?$$$$$$ on the truck, spend another $50 to change out 10 months oil that not only may be degraded, but hasn't had an initial flush out yet.
Change it. Run 3-4k, change
it and go to the desired oci's.

Originally Posted By: salesrep
Drain it now. Look at it this way. You just spent ?$$$$$$ on the truck, spend another $50 to change out 10 months oil that not only may be degraded, but hasn't had an initial flush out yet.
Change it. Run 3-4k, change
it and go to the desired oci's.

I agree, this is how I would do it.

Just leave the oil in -- the oil will be fine. Oil doesn't deteriorate just sitting in the crankcase anymore than it does just sitting in a bottle on a shelf. We have several UOA's here of oil that was in vehicle's for 1,2, ... 3 years or more, and the oil was still fine.

+3 to what salesrep said...10 months and only 58 miles is a lot of sitting and very short hops...lots of condendsation and potential for rust....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back