New Toy for Winter Tire Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one as well, love it.. I got tired of purchasing the cheap junk that seemed to not let air in the tire at all, or leaked.. Mine was purchased at tractor supply, and nothing but good things to say about this... however I have not checked the accuracy of the gauge.. but who cares I'm not to anal if it's close.

I bought one like that from VatoZone, first time I used it, the hose burst. Seriously. On a tire I was trying to set to 35psi. The hose even said "300psi" on it.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
I assume from the picture that it locks on to the valve stem. Is that correct? Looks like a nice unit.

That's correct. I got one a year ago and use it all the time (three car household, track days) and it's one of the "best tools ever".

The most useful combination is like this: First, I re-plumbed a 7 gallon portable air tank with a quick-connect instead of the attached hose it came with. Then I put together a male-to-male quick-connect adapter that allows me to hook it straight to my small compressor.

I pump the portable up to 125PSI, clip on a coily hose and the gizmo in the picture and I can set the tire pressures for all three vehicles without running out of air and without having to move any of the cars.

I have a precision tire guage that I checked the tool's guage against, and the tool was perfect.

Yep, just like jaj said, clips on and behind the triger is a valve to release air. Great for the switch I was doing on my parents van. Fill up the winters and drop the summers to 15 lbs. Worked great and was within a half pound of my digital gauge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back