New tires - Internet? Town Fair dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just called Town Fair Customer Service...explained what happened and he agreed it was not a good sales job. He asked what we could do, I said an exchange of the correct tire that should have been recommended the first time around. He agreed to that. No complaints here. That is the best outcome I could have hoped for.

Again, my problem was that when tires were taken off, someone should have recommended/noted the state of the current tires and moving forward, I would need new tires soon.

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
....Very polite service, speedy work, done right, and very good prices. I am very hard to please. VERY HARD. I have nothing but good to say so far about the 2 I have dealt with. Especially Seabrook.

Great to know about Seabrook. Was not happy at Newington and Salem, more horrified. They are huge Toyo tire pushers for whatever reason.

They are not as bad as Firestone which is a rip off joint.

Originally Posted By: rjundi
Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
....Very polite service, speedy work, done right, and very good prices. I am very hard to please. VERY HARD. I have nothing but good to say so far about the 2 I have dealt with. Especially Seabrook.

Great to know about Seabrook. Was not happy at Newington and Salem, more horrified. They are huge Toyo tire pushers for whatever reason.

They are not as bad as Firestone which is a rip off joint.

Which Firestone? I have dealt with Manchester and Nashua. I go further to hit the Nashua store as they have treated me better. Manchester not so much.

Originally Posted By: carwreck
My experience with Town Fair in CT has been bad. They broke two wheel studs when I went there a long time ago.

+1 I would avoid town fair. First of all they can be both good and bad depending where you go, but since it is a big chain company customer service isn't always up to par. They always include that "free flat repair" and other stuff but then try to charge you later. I had a bolt in my tire once and even after showing the guy my receipt he still tried to charge me. In my experience they are very overpriced. They claim they will "match" others pricing but this is not true.

A guy down the road has a mom and pop tire shop and I got a quote from him then went to town fair since I wanted the claimed "free flat repair" and other stuff. The manager at town fair tried to convince me the other guy's tire was of lesser quality even though they were the same exact tire. Same load range, size, brand, etc. I've had good luck with Tirerack.com and just have the local mom and pop shop mount them for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back