New Rural King Battery

Purchased a new battery for the wife’s Rav4 after this cold snap. I went with a Rural King brand. Group 35, 12 month free replacement 60 month limited warranty, Manufactured 11/23, Made in USA. Looks great so far.

The most important part… $55!

IMG_1497.jpeg

Last edited:
I have those batteries in several of my cars and no issues. The oldest one is 6 years old or so and still good. When I got mine they were Exide. Bought one more recently and it was Johnson controls. But at just about half the price of anywhere else, I can't complain.

Kinda a drive for one here….seem to be on par with Walmart’s battery prices….
I live in the middle of nowhere, so it’s an hour to the nearest Walmart for me, an hour and a half for Rural King. The extra half hour is worth it for me if I pick up some animal feed while I’m at it. They didn’t even charge me for the core they just trusted me to swap it and bring it in.

Everstart value 35 is $70 and made in Mexico here, lower CCA too. No long prorated warranty either. But they are a good value too I’ve had them before.

I have those batteries in several of my cars and no issues. The oldest one is 6 years old or so and still good. When I got mine they were Exide. Bought one more recently and it was Johnson controls. But at just about half the price of anywhere else, I can't complain.
Mine had the handle style of the Home Depot Exides, so I’m assuming it was Exide. Like you said, I don’t really care for $55 😁

The closest RK is 80 miles away. I wonder if they carry 151R, aka Barbie car battery, for Honda Fit. Walmart wants $150 for it. The current one I have is from Auto Zone bought at least 7 years ago and still good. It never leaves me stranded as log long as I don’t run accessory more than 10 mins since it is the smallest battery one can buy for a car.

I thought about adding a second battery to the trunk but it looks like it is more than just running extra wiring so I opted to carry a industrial Caterpillar jump box in the car and charge that once a month. Just this week, I got an inverter to top off that jump box on weekly basis now since we have a cold snap.

Costco used to have these giant jump box for $80 on sale but they decided to go with a tiny version now.

You get what you paid for. Sitting on their shelves for three months is a little long for me. I'd opt for an Everstart at W.M.

You get what you paid for. Sitting on their shelves for three months is a little long for me. I'd opt for an Everstart at W.M.
Same for me...Never had an issue with Walmart everstart maxx batteries ...Like you said...you get what you pay for...

The closest RK is 80 miles away. I wonder if they carry 151R, aka Barbie car battery, for Honda Fit. Walmart wants $150 for it. The current one I have is from Auto Zone bought at least 7 years ago and still good. It never leaves me stranded as log long as I don’t run accessory more than 10 mins since it is the smallest battery one can buy for a car.

I thought about adding a second battery to the trunk but it looks like it is more than just running extra wiring so I opted to carry a industrial Caterpillar jump box in the car and charge that once a month. Just this week, I got an inverter to top off that jump box on weekly basis now since we have a cold snap.

Costco used to have these giant jump box for $80 on sale but they decided to go with a tiny version now.

Much easier to just upgrade the battery to a larger Group 51R size as suggested in various Honda Fit forums and as shown in a few YouTube videos. If you have the 3rd generation Honda Fit, it came with the small 151R battery if built in Mexico or the larger 51R battery if built in Japan. However, you can adapt the larger 51R battery to the Mexico built Fit using part number 31521-TSA-000 (battery tray) from any Honda dealer for about $46.00 or less from a junkyard.

Much easier to just upgrade the battery to a larger Group 51R size as suggested in various Honda Fit forums and as shown in a few YouTube videos. If you have the 3rd generation Honda Fit, it came with the small 151R battery if built in Mexico or the larger 51R battery if built in Japan. However, you can adapt the larger 51R battery to the Mexico built Fit using part number 31521-TSA-000 (battery tray) from any Honda dealer for about $46.00 or less from a junkyard.
I only see one size 51r battery at walmart and autozone...same size...

I only see one size 51r battery at walmart and autozone...same size...

M1Accord's Fit came with the tiny 151R battery (340CC), not the larger 51R (500 CCA) battery. My suggestion was to go to the larger 51R battery which was OEM on the Fits built in Japan. I've never seen the tiny 151R battery at any WalMart and it is often more expensive than a comparable grade 51R size.

Back