New Engine completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just took a few pics of the old girl before putting her away for the winter. It's the hardest thing I've done in a while, as the new engine is really sstarting to loosen up and run right.
100_5765.jpg

100_5766.jpg

100_5768.jpg

1. What's an Altima ???

2. There's a nice new valve cover at the powdercoater right this minute being done in a nice Ford blue.

Last edited:
Nice, don't see too many of these around much. The paint looks great.

I think he was referring to the "Optima" battery.

Originally Posted By: D Stewart
1. What's an Altima ???

A Nissan.

I wanted to know how you liked that Optima Red Top battery. I'm thinking of putting one in my Audi.

I guess someone who doesn't even know he has an Optima can't be expected to know if he likes that battery. :p

Oh boy!...my neighbor in Florida had a couple of these...I used to laugh them off until one day I saw him haul a ton of stuff and he pulled a trailer!...little diesel that could!...I kinda want one...hold on to this gal...Well I know you will...I can tell by how you talk and treat her that you love the little beast...my neighbor said he was getting 40+ mpg...by the way she is gorgeous!...thanks for sharing the pics...

Very Nice!

I wish the nice lady had been a little less distracted the day she pulled out in front of my 1985 Golf Diesel. I would buy a new one of those today and all the shaky, smelly, gutless whiners be ****ed!

Please post pics of the new valve cover (installed) when you get it back. This car/truck-hybrid appears to be in great shape!

They are great. The local Costco sells them in this area. I have seen them in some NAPA stores, and a lot of speed shops sell them.
They are a "dry cell" type battery. They work in any position, and no real worries in case of accident. No nasty acid to slosh out. Lots of power to crank a cold motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back