New Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post on this forum, so hello everyone. Just got a new Hyundai Azera , nice running car. Hyundai manual shows I can run 5-20, 5-30, or 10-30 oil. It has 500 miles on it now I want to do an oil change to let out the break in engine particles. The car also sat on the dealers lot for 6 months. Any recommendations as far as brand and weight. I live in a hot climate gets up to 95 degrees in south fla. The car will be driven in stop and go traffic 600 miles a month, thanks.

In those climate conditions, under those driving circumstances, I would go with the 5-30 or 10-30.

If you plan on keeping the car for a long time, consider using a good synthetic oil. Either a blend, or a full synthetic. I've had good luck with Castrol Syntec Blend. A lot of the folks here like Penzoil Platinum.

Quote:

what about warranty if I do my own oil changes??

Keep your receipts for purchased oil and filters, maintain a log of oil changes and mark the receipts with the date of OC corresponding to the log.

Originally Posted By: azera
First post on this forum, so hello everyone. Just got a new Hyundai Azera , nice running car. Hyundai manual shows I can run 5-20, 5-30, or 10-30 oil. It has 500 miles on it now I want to do an oil change to let out the break in engine particles. The car also sat on the dealers lot for 6 months. Any recommendations as far as brand and weight. I live in a hot climate gets up to 95 degrees in south fla. The car will be driven in stop and go traffic 600 miles a month, thanks.

If you want to keep your car a long time, I suggest Amsoil SSO 0W-30

How about M1 or the Castrol Syntec ? I want something I can get at a local auto parts store. Thanks for all of everyones help.

Quote:

How about M1 or the Castrol Syntec ? I want something I can get at a local auto parts store. Thanks for all of everyones help.

Mobil 1 would be a good choice. You want to stick to an API badged oil for warranty purposes.

Any of those oils would serve you well. Does Hyundai list a "preferred" viscosity range in the manual?

Joel

You can use synthetic at any time, as long as the synthetic you choose has the starburst on the label you will be safe.

In order to keep your warranty valid be sure not to exceed the mileage in the service rec's.

I print out my own "receipts" for oil changes with mileage, service done, date, oil and filter type used, along with receipts stapled to the back. Keeping neat and organized records is important when doing service work yourself. I've read that Hyundai is somewhat picky about these things, but with good documentation you should be in good shape if anything should happen.

As for what oil, i would lean towards any major brand 5w30 year-round. Pennzoil, QS, Valvoline, Superflo, etc... Synthetics are great, but with regular changes and the quality of regular dino oil, i'm not convinced the price is worth it.

Quote:
I live in a hot climate gets up to 95 degrees in south fla.

Quote:
The car will be driven in stop and go traffic 600 miles a month,

I'd go with a nice conventional or synthetic blend in a 10W-30 grade year-round.

Change every 4 months or sooner. Castrol and Valvoline make some nice blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back